All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

• Paid Members

I would

7 hours ago, David said:

Get out of the thread please.

I would but Shocker is irredeemably shit. So I won't.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, David said:

Mitch Pileggi is all kinds of awesome in Shocker. His intensity is off the scale.

Definitely one of the top horror movie villains of the 80s. I wish Craven had made more films like that and The People Under the Stairs.

• Paid Members

Could be wrong but I think the three hour cut is the original work print version. I'd be surprised if it ever gets a genuine release. Having said that I'd have said the same thing of the DC right before Scream announced their Blu-ray a few years ago.

• Paid Members

IMG_20191228_015312328.jpg

My family did my slasher movie Blu-ray collection proud this Christmas. Alright so I ordered most them myself or asked for them but still it's always lovely to be accepted as the obsessive mental that I am.

All blind watches bar Valentine which I've not seen in 15 + years. Valentine is rather underrated imo. Shame the MPAA cut the hell out of it similarly to Cherry Falls but it's still a rather good slasher.

Tammy And The T-Rex looks absolutely mental. The only non slasher I got and to be honest it's the one I'm most looking forward to.

https://youtu.be/3XsQD7I3KYA

Check out the original trailer. Denise Richard and Paul Walker's first film and it was cut to ribbons and released as a kid's movie back in the 90s. This version restores the infamous gore and nudity cuts with a 4k restoration.

EDIT - Oops forgot Slaughterhouse was there. Seen that as well but I upgraded my 88Films blu to Vinegar Syndrome as it's another full blown restoration and 88's is from an ancient rubbish master.

Edited by DEF

Nice haul :)

Only bought Motel Hell over the holiday, haven't watched it yet, anyone seen it?

I did give the original Black Christmas another watch, hadn't seen it in years. The 'Billy' character is still very creepy. 

Also had a first time viewing of 1981 slasher - Madman, which was pretty much a by the numbers 80's slasher :) (which isn't a bad thing)

Edited by TheSurgeon

• Paid Members

I've only seen Motel Hell once a few years back and I don't remember being thrilled by it but that could be because I was expecting something else. I should really give it another shot because its pretty well liked from what I hear so maybe I just had a bad day.

Love both Black Christmas and Madman. 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Motel Hell is pretty decent. The original Black Christmas is fantastic and only looks better with each crappy remake they do.

Thankfully I haven't seen either remake. The original is so good, it's the reason i'm always weary poking my head up into an attic.

I also watched 'Summer of 84' on Shudder, which tried to tap into the Stranger Things vibe, but wasn't too good.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, TheSurgeon said:

I also watched 'Summer of 84' on Shudder, which tried to tap into the Stranger Things vibe, but wasn't too good.

I enjoyed this until the ending which I thought was absolutely awful and unnecessarily mean-spirited. Really killed its comedy vibe.