ROH Honor United UK Tour 2019

Phillis2019

45 minutes ago, Phillis2019 said:

I can see that there has been a meet and greet advertised for these shows but when trying to purchase tickets theres no meet and greet option.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Do you just turn up at doors opening and pay for photos there and then?

No idea how ROH intend to run these shows without making a huge loss.  Looking at the London seating map, with four weeks until the show they appear to have sold only around ten percent of the tickets!  Speaks volumes about Ring Of Honor's appeal in 2019.

I went last year to see ROH at the Dome and it was pretty much full. They then tried to run the same venue two or three months later and wondered why nobody turned up. Ticket price has got to be a factor, they're too expensive for casuals. The product not being great at the moment isn't helping either.

Someone on twitter had been keeping up with how ticket sales were going. The show in Bolton increased by 7 tickets in a 2 week period. Probably doesn’t help that the Bolton show is at a venue currently in Administration which could be closed down at a moments notice.

For all the talk of Britwres being dead, this seems to show that if you’ve got even half a card of people that punters want to see you can shift a decent number of tickets. ROH clearly don’t have that and certainly not for the prices they’re trying to charge

21 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Who are the 'names' in ROH currently?

Alex Shelly, Colt Cabana, Bully Ray are still hanging around, Briscoes I think still turn up from time to time, but not many of those will be on this tour.

Their upcoming Death Before Dishonour event has Matt Taven v Rush for the ROH Title and the ROH TV Title is a triple threat between Flip Gordon, Shane Taylor and Tracey Williams, a match with names so boring & generic I almost fell asleep just typing it

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Well they have Jeff Cobb, Matt Taven, Bandido, PCO and Brody King and pretty much every match they have are nothing less than entertaining. There's probably a few I've left out too.

PCO alone has blown me away every time even on simple TV bouts and fully justifies my reason to continue watching this promotion.

But no one is going to spend £80 to watch PCO do a flip on to concrete for no reason.

The only stars you could argue they actually have are Jeff Cobb and Marty Scurll even though Scurll has had one foot out the door for what feels like the past 18 months, which is why Scurll has never held the title and they’ve given it to King ShitArse Matt Taven instead.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, Phillis2019 said:

I can see that there has been a meet and greet advertised for these shows but when trying to purchase tickets theres no meet and greet option.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Do you just turn up at doors opening and pay for photos there and then?

To answer the original question yes you turn up on the day around an hour or so before the show and the wrestlers will be there and you pay for the ones you want to meet and get given a card of each one you pick and hand it over to them when you meet them.

It was something like £20 per wrestler when I went last year but that had Tanahashi, Evil and Sanada, Bucks, Cody, Page, SCU etc not sure of the prices will be that high this time

The ticket sales have been so poor and as mentioned it sums up the state of the product right now

I had a blast last May at Crystal Palace and it was a belter of a show but they came back way to quick last August and it was to diminishing returns then as the tour had no New Japan guys and No Cody, tho Scurll was on that tour

It was an enjoyable show still at York Hall but not a patch on the previous one a few month before and since the launch of AEW has taken away almost everyone of name value I've barely watched any of the product this year and the last one i watched was the MSG show but that was mainly for the New Japan portion.

Could be embarrassingly small crowds at these events