My Best Film: Jason Statham

Devon Malcolm

Jason Statham  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

This is a tough one. Crank 1 & 2 are tonnes of fun, and I never get bored of watching Snatch. The Transporter is a decent action film but that accent, man.

Went for Lock Stock. Snatch is clearly funnier and boasts a superb cast (Brad Pitt, Benacio Del Toro and Frank fucking Butcher having main roles in the same film will never not astound me), but Lock Stock is much cooler. I like the gritty production of it. Shame it's hardly ever on telly, whereas Snatch is on more than Friends is.

Honorary mention to Spy, which was so much better than I thought it would be.

I voted The Transporter but honestly I could have gone with half a dozen others.

Spy was way better than it had any right to be.  Hummingbird is his "Copland".  And Crank is obviously brilliant with the best ending of  any action film.

Stath is the best really, he and The Rock have pretty much kept the action genre alive.  The fact that they've both managed to sidle Vin  Diesel out of his own franchise is hilarious.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Edited by Loki

I genuinely like every film on that list. Statham is one of those guys you're just chuffed to have around. The idea that him and Stallone have gone out for drinks gets me giddy, and he obviously relishes his role as a proper action star. I was never, ever going to look pass Snatch, though. It's the cinema equivalent of a perfect cup of tea. I might not have seen another film more, actually, and despite all those repeat viewings I still fail to recognise the correlation between losing ten grand, hospitalizing Gorgeous George, and a good deal.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

And then there's Revolver...  That's right up there in both the worst film I've ever seen and biggest disappointment categories

What a load of shite that was. Saw it at the cinema, massively excited following Lock Stock and Snatch and ended up so disappointed. Lucky Number Slevin came out years later and was really the film that Revolver should've been, had Guy Ritchie not tried to be too clever. Still, I thought Mark Strong was really badass in it, so there's that.

Got Transporter from the video shop years ago when it first came out, I was only young and watched it with my mum. Thought it was rubbish, and he was unintelligible and bland. Was never a fan after that. 

Until..... I saw Spy. Saw it at the cinema when it came out. He was hilarious and had such fun in the role. Brilliant film, cast were great. So Spy is my pick 

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members

I should rewatch Spy. I loved it at the cinema but I also went to see it on a date and three months later we'd blocked each other on Twitter so I need to positively reinforce my memory of it.

I took the bag of Maltesers she bought though.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Yeah, The Bank Job was a lovely surprise. I enjoyed Parker but from looking at the reviews now I was in the minority.

I enjoyed it too. Clearly lower tier Stath but a decent crime film.

Regarding The Bank Job, when you see the number of really enjoyable films Roger Donaldson has made it probably shouldn't have been that much of a surprise.