My Best Film: Jason Statham

Devon Malcolm

Jason Statham  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

If you don't like Jason Statham, I don't care. Also, you're a Tory.

There were a few others I wanted to put in this poll - Mechanic: Resurrection, Transporter 2, The Meg and Parker are all a good time as well. But he's made a load of really good films and kept the action film going in the 2000s when nobody else could be arsed with it.

• Paid Members

Crank is one of my favourite movies of all time, so I've gone with that.

I love Crank : High Voltage too. When they announced that Mike Patton was doing the score to the sequel of one of my favourite movies, I was convinced of what I had suspected all along; That my life was the Truman Show.

The world needs more Chev Chelios.

• Paid Members

This had me stumped but I eventually settled on Crank. I frankly love everything Stath. He's superb. I was unemployed and had a Cineworld card back when Crank came out and I saw it at least 5 times.

It was a crime that we never got Crank 3D it would have been perfectly timed as 3D hardware exploded and the cinemas actually use to give a shit about how 3D looked.

Even writing this though I struggle to ignore The Transporter. Absolutely belting trilogy.

• Paid Members

As a complete film, I would have to go with Snatch. Always love re-watching it, so many funny lines and excellent turns throughout. Fuck, it made Hollywood think Vinny Jones could act!

Crank(s) are good as well, but it's not ones I rewatch as often as Snatch. On the other hand, everyone says that The Rock saved the F&F franchise, but the best ones all involve Statham and even though I am a massive MCU Fan, I have been looking forward to Hobbs and Shaw as much as I did Endgame. Love the Stath.

• Paid Members

I love the Expendables but I'd consider them Stallone films rather than Stath imo.

Death Race needs to be on the list too. It's awesome.

That Guardian article can do one seeing as it places Transporter 3 behind The Italian Job (which not even Statham could save)

The One is really underrated. I guess because Jet Li is the badass in it and Stath is doing an accent.

Edited by DEF

• Moderators

Glad to see this poll and the responses giving Crank the respect it deserves. I didn't want to have to go on a rant to educate you all. Anyway, it's obviously that. One of the premier action films of modern times. Beats the sequel because of how groundbreaking it was and what a breath of fresh air it was when it came out. Action films were in a pretty bad state at that point. (The Transporter films are pretty shit btw guys, whilst I'm here).

• Paid Members

The first Transporter film is great, and the sequel has its moments. The third one is obvious tripe, but it's a series that could have been a really good one if it didn't have two complete shitheads directing the latter two.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
jam tart

• Paid Members

I don't think anyone in there right mind would suggest Transporter 2&3 are as good but they are perfectly serviceable sequels with absolutely superb action scenes. Without those action scenes I'd agree with Chest but those scenes bring them up to top tier Stath. Unlike say Parker which is a bit of a mess and has nowhere near as good action scenes.

I'm the one who voted for Crank 2 so I might as well put my case forward. I obviously like the first but the sequel just does everything better, it's the perfect sequel. The other characters are great, there's cameos from Chester Bennington & Maynard James Keenan, music by Mike Patton and that amazing fight scene when they turn into giants.