Glastonbury 2019

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Creating a thread out of misery cos I was trying to go to this one and couldn't get tickets. And it looks like an ace one. 

The Killers were masterful, working the crowd like Hogan. Had a lot of time for Bastille who did this funny Rhythm Is A Dancer / Rhythm of the Night mashup which went down well. And Sigrid's smile is the most infectious thing I've ever seen. Pure charisma she is. 

What else have people caught that's worth iPlayering? Anyone there this year? 

That Bastille mashup is called ‘Of The Night’, it’s been around for years. 

Ive only caught little bits on the BBC website and iPlayer, but they seem to be obsessed with Lewis Capaldi. They’ve been gushing over his ‘secret set’ from the BBC Introducing Stage the other day, which is a term I hate. The place was packed out so ‘secret’ isn’t the right word for it as obviously word got out about it.

And this is me being a curmudgeon, but fuck off with your shitty flags at the Pyramid  Stage

Loved Stormzy's set even though I'm not a particularly big fan of his.

Even though Lewis Capaldi makes the most tepid, middle of the road, daytime Radio 1 fodder going, I find him hilarious. He's fully aware of it and plays up to it. He's great value on Instagram too. Loved his entrance to his set this year, coming out to Shane McMahon's entrance music after Noel Gallagher gave him shit in an interview. 

Stormzy's the John Cena but Wiley is the Ric Flair, he's just as batshit too.

It's great to see him headline and seeing your typical old white guys lose their shit over it online, they just want your same shitty guitar pop bands on top every year.

• Awards Moderator
36 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Can't believe people favoured watching The Killers over The Chemical Brothers.

I didn't. Watched both and loved them equally! 

I'd never heard of Lewis Capaldi before yesterday, so he is clearly The Chosen One. You're not my Dad, Tony Hall.

My daughter found it hilarious Stormzy was performing in his pants.