Glastonbury 2019

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Stormzy was bloody ace, especially when he performed Shut Up so close to the crowd. Always admired that track, non-stop flow.

The Killers were also brilliant and Pet Shop Boys were a nice surprise. Liked their rendition of This Charming Man with Johnny Marr too.

Haven't seen the Chems yet but that's top of my list next. Same with Sigrid- as @Onyx2 says she's infectious. Wonderful pop singer, I was blown away when she released Strangers. Bastille can get to fuck, though. I hate Of The Night with a passion.

Watch Loyle Carners set it you get a chance as that was great.

Wearing an I Hate Boris t shirt in front of a selection of classic football shirts* that was a flawless performance. He’s a great performer and every hip hop artist should take notes from his diction and clarity. 

*He will swap tickets to any of his gigs for a decent football shirt. He’s a good lad.

I know more killers songs than I thought... When they came out doing a poor man's Freddie Mercury I was dubious but they really put on a great show; the pet shop boys were a classy touch.

Stormzy was phenomenal even if I have never heard grime before... 

Kylie has been the highlight. Solid gold. 

Glastonbury - still the best festival to watch on TV. Bollocks to being there in person.

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Could have done with the hotpants and Jason like for her big tunes. Just glad that weapon Robbie Williams never showed up.

Both duets felt a bit odd without any male accompaniment. At least Nick Cave showed up albeit with the words on his hand like Dwayne Johnson. Banging set otherwise. 

I work with a lad who’s probably about his age and they know all the words to every single grime song. Every single one. 

I thought I knew a lot of hip hop lyrics and if I hear a track once or twice I’m pretty good at remembering but this generation is next level with how they remember this shit.

Saying that, I can do a flawless 96 Fuckries by JME.

44 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

first thing i thought was that he was a plant. The shirt and the name were a sign but the fact that they provided him in-ears was a bit of a dead giveaway. Good job regardless.

That probably because there's no onstage monitoring so he wouldn't be able to hear the track otherwise.

At first I thought it was a work too but you can tell by the way that he looks like he's shitting himself when he first walks on stage and the fact that they don't have his mic turned up for the first verse in case he was lying and didn't know the song.

I'm waiting on Dr Dre to call me up on stage to do Eminem's part on 'Forgot About Dre'.