All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The mad thing is people interviewing his Dad! Who gives a fuck. Why is this a thing with him? Its a family of tarts

Because his dad is as much of a snide, conniving cunt as he is, who knows a bit of grandstanding and mouthing off goes a long way with an idiotic chunk of the electorate who think "He's a character, innit?" is a substitute for being competent, knowing anything, and/or being a good person.

I think it might have been Channel 4 news yesterday - a reporter was interviewing people around Northampton about whom they'd want for the next PM, and when she asked some stupid fucker why he wanted Johnson, he replied "Well, he's got personality, hasn't he?" The only reason why this particular interview stood out was because, for the first time I'd ever seen on any news programme, the reporter followed up with asking him why that was good for anything, and what problems it would solve, and the cretin just stood there stuttering for the next few seconds.

3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The only reason why this particular interview stood out was because, for the first time I'd ever seen on any news programme, the reporter followed up with asking him why that was good for anything, and what problems it would solve, and the cretin just stood there stuttering for the next few seconds.

This has been the medias problem with Johnson. An utter failure to call him out in interviews. I hate to say it but Andrew Neil is the only journalist I can think of who has. The issue is he's all their mates.

My newest prediction is Johnson says last minute he's not standing. Long term game from him. No way is he risking not winning this if he comes back and there's every chance he wont.

• Paid Members

Yeh, he's has a worrying ability to play the long-term game, losing lots of battles in order to win the war, or he's listening to the advice of someone who knows how to do that. Looking back on it, seeing how he sat out the leadership contest that put May in charge, he most likely knew people weren't ready for him yet, and he needed the divisions to be vitriolic enough so he could come riding in to the rescue of the gammon, to utilise the far-right and xenophobic vote. (I think this was while he was being advised by Bannon.)

Same with when he became PM. He took defeat after defeat in parliament - he was probably relying on his demographic getting frustrated with parliament, portraying himself as their saviour under fire, being prevented from carrying out their will, so that when he did finally call the 2019 election, it was all his.

10 minutes ago, Factotum said:

This has been the medias problem with Johnson. An utter failure to call him out in interviews. I hate to say it but Andrew Neil is the only journalist I can think of who has. The issue is he's all their mates.

Then then bottled an interview with Brillo after Corbyn did his. Regarding calling him out, Eddie Mair did. 

1 minute ago, Factotum said:

Haha. I hate myself for saying it but I do think Neil is the best political interviewer out there. Not a long list at this time I grant you

Yeah that’s the thing, he’s right wing as fuck, Murdoch media, but his professionalism in interviewing is miles away from the likes of Peston and Kuenssberg. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah that’s the thing, he’s right wing as fuck, Murdoch media, but his professionalism in interviewing is miles away from the likes of Peston and Kuenssberg. 

Really hate to admit it, but he got Ben Shapiro whinging about him being a liberal for not giving that alt-right cunt an easy ride like Fox do.