All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

It's the MP for Hazel Grove isn't it? I wonder what proposed policy he wants Johnson to try and force through now. The thing is I think we've been aware of them doing this kind of thing in the past where they've been withholding funds from some of their seats at the expense of others in order to try and "encourage more Conservative support" from those constituencies. 

I know it’s the hope that kills you but if Keir Starmer is able to pop the commons whilst Angela Rayner is giving it the Attitude Era HBK heat surely there’s a reality that exists in which our government moves slightly to the left at the next election.

• Paid Members

They'll jettison Johnson and find somebody who appears more paletable and capable, plus the press/media will still be publishing horror stories about how Corbyn sold the party out to the Chinese and Starmer is such a milque-toast tory lite they might as well elect the real thing. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They'll jettison Johnson and find somebody who appears more paletable and capable, plus the press/media will still be publishing horror stories about how Corbyn sold the party out to the Chinese and Starmer is such a milque-toast tory lite they might as well elect the real thing. 

While you're right, Johnson is usually bafflingly good at winning elections and gaining fans. People don't have the same love for Raab, Gove, Mogg or Patel. 

• Paid Members

True, but I think he's probably taken his cult of personality as far as it can go. There's only so far that will carry you - same goes for Farage and Rees-Mogg. The only ones who seem even remotely plausible are Gove, whose persona is one that even people who support him would probably dislike, as he just comes across as a very slimy character, and Sunak, who's dull and business-like, but comes across as solid - I don't know how up the current crop of Tory electorate are up for it, but they seemed to take a lot of joy in pointing out they had the only two woman prime ministers, and they might want the extra ammo of being able to say they had the first non-white one, so they can duck accusations of racism.

I still say Raab has an axe and quicklime in his boot, and a box of "souvenirs" somewhere.

6 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I know it’s the hope that kills you but if Keir Starmer is able to pop the commons whilst Angela Rayner is giving it the Attitude Era HBK heat surely there’s a reality that exists in which our government moves slightly to the left at the next election.

Moving slightly to the left would still firmly be placed in right wing territory though. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Imagine tension between Russia and Ukraine being higher than they have been for a long time and Liz Truss being the one to be wheeled out to awkwardly read a statement about it.

I sometimes wonder if the government don’t realise that when an MP is given the role of Foreign Secretary, they actually have to go and represent the UK on the world stage. Again, that person is currently Liz fucking Truss.

liz-truss.gif