Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

The final frame of Higgins v Allen was outrageous. Taking on that double knowing that if he missed he was out of the top 16 and knocking in a 71 break to seal the victory was fantastic from Higgins. The last red was a hell of a shot as well. Sensational stuff. 

My brother, my son and I met Kyren Wilson in Berlin back in February when we were all staying in the same hotel.

Ended up bumping into him and making small talk a few times during our stay.

A nice bloke and wished him all the best for the World's. Would love to see him win it and had a wee bet on him pre tournament which would make it even better.

Always had a soft spot for Bingham so I'm in for him. Just seems like a lovely fella and a consumate pro who has always played at a high level like a fan of the game. No controversies. 

Been a poor tournament so far, mind. Maybe it's just me. There's just not been a whole lot of outstanding play or many developing little stories. 

I'm also gonna write a letter to WST and ask for the plush red carpets back. Everyone should have learned from 99 WCW that pale elephant grey everywhere looks sickly and cheap. 

I've enjoyed the tournament but it's not been the highest of standards. I'll be happy for whoever wins. They all seem very decent people. 

At the start of this tournament I thought Bingham may never win anything again. He's been quite terrible over the last two seasons but when he gets on a good run he's a top player. He seems at his best when he's had to qualify for the world championship. For me he's favourite at the moment.

Brilliant evening session and an even better ending to it.

Thought Jak was outstanding tonight, and showed tremendous character to keep himself well in it.

Bring on tomorrow. Kids out, snacks in. All day on the sofa. Let's get the boys on the baize!

That last frame was bonkers. I don't watch much beyond the worlds, but I don't feel like you see that kind of black ball safety-off very often. It's a long way back for Jones now and I don't think he's scoring well enough to reel Wilson in, but hopefully he'll keep digging in and make Wilson earn it.

Lovely puppy Kyren. Fair play. 

Not a classic final in terms of the standard I felt, but a cracking story (five stars) and Jak Jones did wonderfully well. 

The emotion form Kyren talking about his parents and their sacrifice at the end there was lovely and I always cry at the end of the Worlds. 

Thoroughly deserved that.

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Not a classic final in terms of the standard

Reminded me of 1st year at uni down the snooker club at times, just crashing it around and hoping for the best. Wilson’s almost complete inability to get the job done made for great drama, so can’t complain. 

• Paid Members

Kyren is one of my favourites and I am truly delighted for him. Obviously, I know fuck all about him other than what's presented to the media and the words of his peers, but he seems like a thoroughly decent man who cares deeply about his family. In an age of nobheads, I'll take that.

It wasn't a great tournament, let's be honest. Still, take these precious Crucible moments while you can before it's in Riyadh.

We tried to get tickets for next year's World Championship yesterday but they sold out minutes. It seems everyone wants to make the most of it being in Sheffield before they move to China/Saudi Arabia/other 'glamorous' location.