The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

10 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I think it will be some Smackdown "super" team like Reigns, Cody, KO & Orton against the Bloodline in War Games.

There is a world where Brock isn't a suspected deviant, and we get a vengeful Heyman assembling the Heyman-Guy Avengers to take on the Bloodline. You could probably chuck Cody in, given the emotional promo they did together.

Reigns. Cody. Lesnar. Punk. Axel.

What a team.

I hope this means they're getting the Roman/Cody teaming out of their system before Survivor Series so we can get a proper Bloodline War Games.

Decent enough show. Cody/Solo was alright but yeah they need to move towards Jacob fairly soon as Solo's dead as a leader.

I know I said I was over Orton/KO but it did make me smile. So I'll allow it. But KO definitely needs something deeper unless he's leaving and that's why they're not really doing much with him.

• Paid Members

IMG_9547.jpeg.30d2803f0d914821b7d4cd7327417334.jpeg

I can’t even explain why, but it’s really funny that they displayed proper credits at the end of the show. That Triple H sure hates getting credit, doesn’t he?

Might as well go the whole hog and put, “WWE 5 Mac Own was filmed in front of a live studio audience,” before listing all the, “cast.”

• Paid Members

Roman, Jimmy, Jey and Sami vs. Jacob, Solo, Tama and Tanga seems fine for me. No need for Cody to be involved, seems way too late to introduce Talla or Longa Tonga, and I can’t foresee any situation where a Five-on-Five-War Games would be preferable to a Four-on-Four. All that matters is we get THE LADS back.

Keep it simple. Keep it tight. Lest we forget, as I’m sure Michael Cole will remind us at least a dozen times on the night, “THE MATCH DOESN’T START UNTIL ALL PARTICIPANTS ENTER! THIS BIT DOESN’T MATTER! GO MAKE A BREW!”

Edited by Supremo

I'm going to use one the cool kids tik tok phrases, but as much as I don't mind Triple H anymore, much on account of not seeing him ever beyond his hilarious press conferences in his Homer reading glasses, but he's got a reet old case of Main Character Syndrome that he hasn't got the meds for. 

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

IMG_9547.jpeg.30d2803f0d914821b7d4cd7327417334.jpeg

I can’t even explain why, but it’s really funny that they displayed proper credits at the end of the show. 

Firstly, Jacob Fatu looks the absolute fucking bollocks there. Total dangerous psycho.

Second, the credits remind me of late 80s/early 90s WCW - 'Executive producer Virgil Runnels Jr'

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

I haven’t watched the WWE weeklies in god knows how long but I was awake quite late last night so I stuck this on to fall asleep to. I fell asleep at the end of the opening match but I have a few observations from what I saw. Apologies in advance but this won’t be positive.

It’s just fucking shit. All of it. I don’t think there was a single thing I enjoyed in that first 20 minutes or so.

For starters, the opening music. Now I’m not saying I want some heavy rock or something similar to what it was when I was growing up, but anything is better than this. I get it, it’s modern, it’s hip, but it doesn’t fit wrestling whatsoever.

The opening video was shit too. WWE are so good at video packages and the like, so why can’t they come up with something more original than FLASHING LIGHTS, HERE’S A WRESTLER POSING, AND ANOTHER ONE DOING THE SAME POSE, OH LOOK HERE’S LOGAN PAUL (almost switched off at the sight of that cunt btw). It’s so so so dull.

As for the show itself (what I saw at least), has anything really changed from the Vince days? It’s so sickeningly choreographed. Everybody’s entrance is always exactly the same, always hitting their mark, always unnaturally posing for the hard cam at the exact same time. I noticed it during the actual match too, Solo in particular was just always mugging for the hard cam. I get it, I know why the hard cam is there and I know it’s beneficial to work to that cam, but it’s so overbearing and so unnatural.

Cody Rhodes. I get it. I can see why he’s the man, and I completely agree that he should be. He’s everything they want and he’s absolutely smashing it from what I’ve seen. But I still think he’s boring as fuck.

I fell asleep probably just before Roman came out but I caught some clips on Twitter and he’s still great, but imagine how good he could be if he didn’t always move at a snail’s pace.

Yeah, not for me, sorry lads! Glad some people are enjoying it though.