The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

While “Damage CTRL turns on Bayley” has been thrown around a lot and seems pretty much nailed on to happen, anyone else get the thought that Io/Kairi/Asuka might get shot of Dakota too eventually and they will do Bayley/Kai/X vs Io/Kairi/Asuka at Mania?

As an aside, since Bayley will need help, it would be a good storyline to bring The Boss back if Mercedes IS leading AEW on.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Anyone else worried they're overplaying their hand with Nick Aldis, given how well he's taken to the role?

Forget Cody or Rock, I'm starting to want Aldis v Reigns at Mania.

It's a real test of the new, adaptive WWE booking.  Obviously they hired him to be an authority figure, and he's excelling at it, but it hasn't escaped the audience's notice that he's a big, brawny looking chap who should be able to handle himself.  I suspect they're already considering whether an Aldis-Reigns feud of some description would be a good post-title loss for Reigns.

Massive respect to Aldis for his work so far, it's the LA Knight approach to your WWE run - take whatever role you're given and get yourself over whilst nailing the job.

I've always maintained that Aldis was a good fit for WWE - he may not be the most exciting in-ring performer ever but when he was NWA chap he held himself like a big-time star and elevated the whole endeavour.  That's exactly the sort of thing that gets you places in WWE.

Met Aldis a few times over the years and he always seemed very humble and respectful so I've always had a soft spot for him. He works hard and he tries to make the most of whatever he's doing. So to see him where he is is great and I hope good things come of it for him.

• Paid Members

I always felt their get out of jail free card for keeping Aldis as an authority figure would be to claim he's too banged up to fight, much how they note that Adam Pearce is a former world champion but his neck or back (i forget what) is in pieces, feel like this was mentioned back when they teased he'd face Roman Reigns a while back.

Of course the longer they stay off this course the better if it does mean getting a match out of him. Maybe have Roman and whoever still stands with him after WrestleMania destroy Aldis for having him lose the title, and instead of Reigns getting suspended for attacking an official have it signed off as a non sanctioned street fight or the likes. Reigns can win, Aldis can look strong and then Reigns can fall into his storyline suspension and take a few more months off.

I don't really know, it's 11am and I'm riffing after a SmackDown I was fairly sure two guys broke their necks on the same spot that never seemed like it was going to work.

• Paid Members

What is the difference between Kairi Sane and Iyo Sky? They're both small, Japanese and rubbish but do they have anything to distinguish themselves from each other?

I have absolutely no desire to see Nick Aldis do his boring, characterless wrestling again but he's doing great stuff in this role considering how monotone he is.

• Paid Members

Yeah I wondered  if that was a notes fuck up or something. She sailed racing yachts competitively before wrestling, so  in NXT they said she was a former “yachtsperson” like a yachtsman but she’s not a man and they didn’t want to say yachtswoman, I guess? But yeah, “yacht persona” is a hell of a call. 

So they are teasing a 'Pete Dunne' return.

Am I the only one who thought the original incarnation of Butch where he was the scrappy little psycho guy who went missing because he was always looking for a fight is by far the most entertaining thing Pete Dunne  has ever done, and that 'The Bruiserweight' is Johnny Gargano levels of bland? 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Met Aldis a few times over the years and he always seemed very humble and respectful so I've always had a soft spot for him. He works hard and he tries to make the most of whatever he's doing. So to see him where he is is great and I hope good things come of it for him.

I worked with him at Wembley at one of the Impact tours. Massive twat unlike his wife who was delightful

1 minute ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So they are teasing a 'Pete Dunne' return.

Am I the only one who thought the original incarnation of Butch where he was the scrappy little psycho guy who went missing because he was always looking for a fight is by far the most entertaining thing Pete Dunne  has ever done, and that 'The Bruiserweight' is Johnny Gargano levels of bland? 

It was a proper vince creation though. I'd rather he be bland than wear a flat cap looking like a extra from.either peaky blinders or emmerdale