The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Supremo said:

Karrion Kross developing the gimmick of a deluded Billy Bullshitter would be the best thing he’s ever done. Did you hear Kross once threw a fox around the world on Record Breakers? Kross Akabusi.

Karrion Kross completed Football Manager.

John Cena is absolutely astonishing.

Considering he’s been gurning his way through his return, playing the happy-go-lucky, glad to be back former star, seeing him turn it on like this was a real treat.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen an entirely gimmicked promo delivered with such conviction. I was convinced he was going to announce something awful like he was ill or injured or something. Give that man a salmon jacket.

Great segment, and the crowd went loopy for Jey Uso too.

Logan Paul’s promo was superb too, and the man drips star power. Absolutely massive, too. It must be heartbreaking to be someone like Johnny Gargano, having grafted away for decades only for Logan Paul to come along and just be instinctively better than you at absolutely everything. Get the rocket on him.

Opening promo didn’t do a lot for me, felt like the story took a step back with Roman not being there, and LA Knight’s delivery just seemed a little off. He didn’t seem to gel with Heyman, really. I think to push LA Knight on to the next level and keep him there, he needs to find a way of moulding his act in such a way that allows him to talk like a human being, not like someone remembering the cool lines they thought of earlier that day.

I do like, though, that LA Knight doesn’t shy away from his age, and his cultural references are exactly those you’d expect of a bloke between the ages of 35 and and 45. Walking Dead, Thugonomics, classic hip hop, Michael Myers… I’m looking forward to him incorporating ‘wasssssuppp?’ Into his repertoire.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

9 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

That'll be a first 

No one has come out of a feud against Roman amd been in better shape afters

Is that true?

Despite my scepticism, Jey Uso is one of the most over babyfaces on the roster. Cody’s in no worst a position. Logan Paul left a match with Roman and remained a huge star. Sami Zayn is credibly cutting promos on Raw about being World Title level and taking the crowd with him.

I’m not sure losing to Roman is the same as not being in better shape after.

I think everyone they’ve wanted Roman to elevate he has, and he certainly hasn’t taken anything away from anyone by beating them.

The biggest drop off after facing Roman I can think of is Drew, but even he’s still in World Title main events despite not being very good.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

11 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

And then after that? 

I hate to repeat myself, but after that he was a part of the main recurring story on Monday Night Raw and recently cut a promo about being World Title level and no one laughed at him.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz