The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• 1 month later...

Yeah I saw that last night.

I'm split on it cos on one hand he is likeable however the fucking drug violation did fuck his legacy up. 

AND he went into the last fight knowing how injured he was and pretty much unable to win fucking the ufc, the fans and the champion out of a good fight 

• Paid Members

Aha! I'm actually over on the mainland in Eastbourne that weekend. I know it's not far from Gatwick, but not sure about greater London. I wonder could I make it? 🤔 Are we expecting this to be like an Abu Dhabi PPV that starts at normal o'clock in the daytime? Or will it be the usual main card 3am-6am carry on to suit Nevada?

Apparently usman is out of the main event with Edward's in London and they are looking too replace him with masvidal.

I love that fight before Edward's got the belt and I fucking love masvidal but he doesn't deserve that fight at all but let's face it nothing in the ufc right now is fair and how it should be 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Apparently usman is out of the main event with Edward's in London and they are looking too replace him with masvidal.

I love that fight before Edward's got the belt and I fucking love masvidal but he doesn't deserve that fight at all but let's face it nothing in the ufc right now is fair and how it should be 

I hate Masvidal and hope Edwards smashes that fuckhead into the Thames; you're right in that he doesn't deserve that fight, but there's entertainment value in existing beef that they have. Should provide a winnable fight for Edwards to get the home country feels at the end too (now that I've said that, watch it all go tits-up and that fucking skanger get the belt off him).

• Paid Members

nah, nothing concrete yet.

may be going against the grain but an Edwards/Masvidal fight at the o2 would be pretty awesome. The belt situation is ridiculous, but I prefer the fight to the Usman fight. No ones expecting Edwards to successfully defend against Usman are they?

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Has it been confirmed by any reputable sources yet? I've only seen that Wonderboy clip about it. Would be a real shame and I honestly think there's a good chance Leon would still get booed over Masvidal in London. 

I dunno - I'd expect a lot of Brummies to travel south for their boy. Wand included.

20 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

nah, nothing concrete yet.

may be going against the grain but an Edwards/Masvidal fight at the o2 would be pretty awesome. The belt situation is ridiculous, but I prefer the fight to the Usman fight. No ones expecting Edwards to successfully defend against Usman are they?

Difficult to say, to be honest. Nobody was expecting him to dethrone Usman, either, so fuck knows what the trilogy fight would throw up.

Just watched an interesting clip of Demetrious Johnson on Rogan talking about pay, specifically PPV points. Very interesting to hear him say that he only had PPV points on his last Championship defence against Lego Head. I always thought the rule was every champion has PPV points, which clearly isnt the case. Puts into perspective how badly they are paid if most champs dont even have the PPV points. Youd have to assume that very few people have this into their contract.