The Perfect Toast

WyattSheepMask

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would find 3,4,5,7 and 8 acceptable.

My enigmatic Grandfather had a bit of a bizarre preference for his toast. My grandparents never owned a toaster and if they wanted toast they would use the grill. My Grandad however only ever grilled one side of the bread (normally cremated) and the other side did not get a lick of heat on it. He would slather the toasted side in Vitalite and you would get the unique sensation of burnt toast and warm bread at the same time.

I might have to do this tonight to have a nostalgia trip (Fuck the Vitalite though)

• Paid Members

2 or 4 for me. Depends op the quality of the bread too. Brown, seeded batchbread goes down well in my house, as does tiger bread.

Fucking love toast. I'd be eating a lot more toast if I had room in my unbelievably small kitchen for a toaster. I'm way too impatient to use the grill. It's the best weekend breakfast though, partnered with a large mug of coffee and some light trash on the telly.

• Paid Members

Can we get into toast toppings? 

Found myself slathering copious amounts of coconut oil on any toast I eat these days. It pisses over butter massively. The Lidl stuff I buy has a slight Coconut taste, but it's not over powering. Winner. 

My new toast thing recently occurred to me when I didn't have any garlic bread in and wanted something to go with that evening's pasta.

I managed to soften some butta, crushed a clove of garlic and mixed it together with some Italian herbs from a shaker. I then got some white bread and slathered on the garlic/herb butta (both sides) and toast both sides under a grill for a couple of minutes. 

Delicious. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, gmoney said:

It sounds like sex lubricant. 

This sentence made me think this had merged with the Partridge thread. And reading the title in his voice IS fun.

Archived