The Perfect Toast

WyattSheepMask

6 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Can we get into toast toppings? 

Found myself slathering copious amounts of coconut oil on any toast I eat these days. It pisses over butter massively. The Lidl stuff I buy has a slight Coconut taste, but it's not over powering. Winner. 

Banana on toast is a beauty.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 is spot on for me. 

People hating on white bread, and I agree shop-bought white is pretty awful, but being the middle-class wanker that I am I have a bread machine and make spelt bread twice a week.  2/3 white or wholemeal spelt flour, the rest strong white bread flour.  Best loaf I've ever eaten, I tend to throw in some oats, and linseed or something similar.

Making your own bread is a piece of piss, seriously.  You never even have to clean the bread maker, just dust it out occasionally.

23 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

One of my brothers didn't bother toasting bread, he microwaved it and called it toast. He's always been a wrong 'un.

Reminds me of when my mam used to freeze bread and I'd take a bite of half-thawed Hovis. That taste still makes me wince now. Bread shouldn't be allowed near a freezer unless you live 100 miles from the nearest shop. 

Archived