2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Bob Einstein, Marty Funkhouser from Curb Your Enthusiasm, has died.

Shit start to 2019.

44 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

That’s sad news.  Used to love him as Super Dave too.

42 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Oh man, Super Dave is one of my favourite people. One of those guys who pops up in things and he immediately makes them better. And that includes Arrested Development and Curb, which takes some doing enhancing those already high standards.

His appearance on Norm's podcast really got that shows ball rolling, too.

17 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Wow, Super Dave and Mean Gene in one day, that's a massive kick in the groin. Super Dave was just funny from his bones out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

She may only be known by those in the North West, but Diane Oxberry has snuffed it. She's been doing the local weather and a few other shows since I can remember. Seeing her colleagues report her death earlier was bloody horrible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-46820379

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

What the fuck? I didn't even know she was ill.  That's a real shock.

Hardly anyone did bar her family, not to speculate but speaking to my mum about it this morning, she reckons it could have been breast cancer based on the centre she passed at, which is known for treating people with that form of the disease

15 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Hardly anyone did bar her family, not to speculate but speaking to my mum about it this morning, she reckons it could have been breast cancer based on the centre she passed at, which is known for treating people with that form of the disease

Yeah, The Christie.  Seeing them all on North West Tonight was pretty difficult.  Tiffin barely kept it together.

• Paid Members

I hear Gordon Burns was in bits over it. I was shocked when I saw the news. I remember her and Rod McKenzie as Simon Mayo's weather and news people when he was on the Radio One breakfast show.

• Paid Members

Windsor Davies, best known for his role as Sgt Major Zero in Terrahawks, has passed away at the age of 88

image.png