Umaga - great gimmick, but a bit of a rapist.

IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, I think he is a cunt for pissing on someone.

19 minutes ago, PUNQ said:

I believe AAW, one of his regular bookings, was one of them. There was at least one more that was openly vocal about it, but I don't remember what promoter that was.

So it's not like the cunt was blackballed in the US or Europe over a few retweets then, is it?  

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
22 hours ago, W35ty said:

ALL men are guilty.

You finally said something useful. By accident, but at least it's a start.

1 hour ago, PUNQ said:

worst kind of well-meaners.

What, like, if you drop an apple and somebody bends over to pick it up for you and cleans it before handing it back? This doesn't mean anything.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, David said:

assuming he'll be suing for defamation of character or something like that

I always thought that for defamation/libel/slander needed to prove a loss of reputation and is a civil issue but is dependent on base of fact for judicial matters. 

So if he's accused and found innocent, informing promotions of this could be OK. To imply he was guilty in law and this result in lost reputation, which is best displayed in cancelled bookings and e-mails from promoters is open to proceedings. 

The extent of loss of character should be remunerated in part based on the fiscal loss incurred due to the lost character, along with emotional or personal losses valued at the discretion of the court. 

If his lost work wound up with him getting better paid jobs in Japan by good fortune it won't change the end verdict but will affect the financial settlement he gets in restitution. 

The only way around that is doing/saying something which is clearly a joke. 

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I always thought that for defamation/libel/slander needed to prove a loss of reputation and is a civil issue but is dependent on base of fact for judicial matters. 

So if he's accused and found innocent, informing promotions of this could be OK. To imply he was guilty in law and this result in lost reputation, which is best displayed in cancelled bookings and e-mails from promoters is open to proceedings. 

The extent of loss of character should be remunerated in part based on the fiscal loss incurred due to the lost character, along with emotional or personal losses valued at the discretion of the court. 

If his lost work wound up with him getting better paid jobs in Japan by good fortune it won't change the end verdict but will affect the financial settlement he gets in restitution. 

The only way around that is doing/saying something which is clearly a joke. 

I'm not sure about all of that, but I think, from the limited knowledge I have of the situation, that he essentially wants her to shut the fuck up.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not sure about all of that, but I think, from the limited knowledge I have of the situation, that he essentially wants her to shut the fuck up.

Should have dealt with the poor womans' situation better then, shouldn't he.

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Should have dealt with the poor womans' situation better then, shouldn't he.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have, I have no idea of the ins and outs. I didn't even really know who the guy was until yesterday. I'm just saying, the "loss of earnings" thing is probably just a way of getting her to settle for shutting the fuck up.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I don't think either party in this carry-on can be described as "the poor" anything. They both sound like grade A cunts to be honest, from the little I've read.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

In what way?

In a way that both protects him and his business and the best interests of the woman. There was a good discussions while ago about the difference between uncontrolled wrestling schools and football clubs where safeguarding and welfare are controlled and trained. Sadly this is another case of wrestling being unregulated and having no real world protocol for this sort of thing.

6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Not continuing to book a sex offender for the better part of a year, and only stopping because you were worried you might get bad press? It's not rocket science.

I wasn't aware Sean Orleans was a sex offender? 
I'd be careful saying stuff like that. People are getting sued for less.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I wasn't aware Sean Orleans was a sex offender? 
I'd be careful saying stuff like that. People are getting sued for less.

And I'd be careful about publicly, proactively taking the side of an alleged rapist and an admitted abuser of women, but maybe we have a different set of priorities.

11 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

And I'd be careful about publicly, proactively taking the side of an alleged rapist and an admitted abuser of women, but maybe we have a different set of priorities.

Who's taking sides? I'm stating information that is known and has happened since the original texts were released.
It's all available - both sides of the argument and more - online.

We can all think what we want to about the character of any of the parties involved but making unsubstantiated accusations about someone on social media can potentially land someone in trouble [see Elgin's accuser]. If you stand by your claim he's a sex offender, then fair enough.

At the end of the day, this will all get settled away from wrestling and people will still continue to think what they want to think about the whole situation. 

...and I do actually think anybody training wrestlers would benefit from doing a safeguarding course but sadly so few do.

Archived