What is the best animal? (Jack russells)

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Since moving away Ive missed Dog. She's 13 now and I dont want to unsettle her and move her somewhere unfamiliar and busy. I go back once a week and now she's an old lady I'll feed her in her bed, but something I saw today reminded me why Jack Russells are BEST.

As I was opening up at half nine there was a dog obidience training walk starting outside on the market square. 5 dogs. 4 large, one a rotty, couple of sheepdogs and one I cant remember. And a Jack. The 4 big dogs started walking and the Jack went spastic. Barking and trying to atrack the other 4. Its owner tried to calm it and it bit him, slipped the lead and ran away (was recovered in the McColls kicking off 200 yards away).

Jack Russells are best

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Russell's are the biteyest dogs I've encountered on my rounds,  you can add that to your pros list if you want.

Personally I don't think you've ever known true love until a Staffordshire Bull Terrier pisses on you/your ex's house from excitement every time you go to pick your kids up. Even two years after leaving said dog.

Jack Russell’s are twats, as are most small dogs. My dog has only ever had little dogs go for her, she is a complete pacifist so never does anything back but I wish she would at least bark at them and put the shitters up them and their arse hole owners. 

• Paid Members

My Jack Russell is the smallest little sod I've seen, a micro Jack Russell.

He's also double hard, my neighbour has a German Shepherd/Akita cross, Beans (my dog) has no fear and will take the monster on and probably win or fight till the death, especially if it were to go for my nippers.

I had a rat problem in my old workshop, it took Beans 5 minutes to find the fuckers, and an additional 30 seconds to annilihate the first and destroy the second. The look on his face post kill was nothing but pride and accomplishment.

He's a tiny little don.

• Paid Members

We had a Jack Russell when I was a kid and he was a little shit. He legit bit the postman on the arse like something out of a cartoon, and one day, a minute into a car journey to the vets, he obviously clicked at what was happening, bit my Mum, jumped out the car window and ran home.

He knew our weakness as well.... the TV remote. If he wanted to go for a walk or wanted attention he would steal the TV remote and sit at the top of the garden with it until he got his way

• Paid Members

I've owned Jack Russells before and they're a good dog but I find a Jack Russell is better crossed with other breeds where they keep some of their charming quality but lose all the shit ones. One of my dogs back at my Mum's is 3/4 Border Terrier and 1/4 Jack Russell and she's the best dog we've ever had.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, waters44 said:

We had a Jack Russell when I was a kid and he was a little shit. He legit bit the postman on the arse like something out of a cartoon, and one day, a minute into a car journey to the vets, he obviously clicked at what was happening, bit my Mum, jumped out the car window and ran home.

He knew our weakness as well.... the TV remote. If he wanted to go for a walk or wanted attention he would steal the TV remote and sit at the top of the garden with it until he got his way

Why they are best.

Archived