What is the best animal? (Jack russells)

PowerButchi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

The King Charles Spaniel. The term where “lapdog” comes from as they love their owner so much they want to sit on his lap. The King of Dogs. 

Just like this little rascal is right now. The second I or my better half get near the sofa, he's beside/on top of us like a shot. 

IMG_20181010_195945~2.jpg

• Paid Members

These 2 little swine are my sister's dogs, though they spend nearly as much time at our house as they do at hers. Jay at the top is 9 and a bit of a grumpy old bear. He likes barking, blankets, and treats. Bob at the bottom is 4. He likes treats and blankets as well but what he really likes above all else is to have his belly tickled. Bob very rarely barks at anything or anyone, only twice has he really lost his shit and gone full on crazy barking. Once when he found a hedgehog in the garden, and once at a lady of oriental appearance when he was in the car and she walked past. He may be racist but he does love a Chinese spare rib so he bravely puts aside his bigotry when eating one. 

20180908_165954.jpg

22 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I used to work in a zoo, so have plenty of animal anecdotes. But I'll just leave you with "one time an orangutan fucked a pigeon to death".

I bet he really regretted doing that after he presumably spent the rest of his time at the zoo nicknamed 'Bumpige'.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I bet he really regretted doing that after he presumably spent the rest of his time at the zoo nicknamed 'Bumpige'.

Nearly choked on my coffee at that.

"Bumgull" always sets me off, but I'd never thought to transfer the nickname to this big bastard. It shall be done.

• Paid Members

Just look at these wee fellas. I can, and I have, stood and watched these little bundles of cuteness for over an hour one day in a zoo in Santa Barbara. It certainly helped the illness and hangover that I was nursing that day, from drunkenly trying to swim in the Pacific Ocean in the middle of the night before. I tell you what, the Pacific, without a wetsuit, in March, at midnight - it's cold. I'm forever grateful to these brilliant little guys!

yLHWmqM.jpg

Meerkats-Sep-28-Blog.jpg

meerkats.jpg

meerkats.jpg

18192-meerkats-moles-expert-coach-blog-700x394.jpg

@WeeAl I went to the Lake District Animal Park recently and they had Meerkats there.  Such little characters! Even though they were a collective group they each had their own personalities.  This one was a pensive fellow who kept an eye on everyone else

IMG_2088

And this one was a right little diva, working the camera like he was Louis Spence!  Looked a bit like him too.

IMG_2112

When it comes to animals, I've always had a soft spot for Red Pandas, they had two there, here is one of them.

IMG_2182

Archived