Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

Little Tommy Robinson

Recommended Posts

Besides, we all know the real star of QT is Dimbleby. The fella manages to kick-start interesting discussions, he remains painfully uncommitted to either side of the argument, but has a knack for keeping the conversation going.

Plus, he has a cracking first name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

Yeah, and the Green rep will discuss the same things if the panel are asked the same questions, which is likely as it's usually the audience supplying them. What concerns them enough to want to ask Farage about it will also get them to ask Lucas about it.

Who wants to hear what some pillock from the Green Party has to say about immigration? Do they even have a policy on it? There's a reason why QT when Nige is on it is pretty much just the Nige show.

3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

They also like to watch when calm, reasoned people like Caroline Lucas or Natalie Wood chop the shock-jocks and edgelords down. Heels are there to be beaten by the faces, brother.

Yeah, well, the ratings seem to jump when the more controversial characters are on the panel. As mentioned, 8.3 million viewers to see Nick Griffin on the show. Why? Not because of his calm, reasonable demeanor, they tuned in to see it in the same way as folk watch an episode of Eastenders at Christmas to see some poor sod get killed off.

We've entered an era of personality politics like we've never seen before. Ol' Trump on the other side of the pond, Nige doing the rounds here, little Tommy being brought into the fold with UKIP (there's a candidate for QT if ever I saw one! Get him signed up!) and Boris as PM would add another to the mix!

It's pure car crash shite, but in the end who really cares? Just sit back and watch it all burn to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, David said:

Who wants to hear what some pillock from the Green Party has to say about immigration? Do they even have a policy on it? There's a reason why QT when Nige is on it is pretty much just the Nige show.

No, of course they don't have a policy on immigration. They're only a political party with a regularly-elected, popular MP. 

I want to hear what they have to say, especially if it means taking on that uber-cunt. It's all very well talking about not denying UKIP and their ilk a platform for free speech, but if you don't support giving a platform to people from other parties to take them to task and challenge them on their bullshit, it rings hollow.

Just now, David said:

Yeah, well, the ratings seem to jump when the more controversial characters are on the panel. As mentioned, 8.3 million viewers to see Nick Griffin on the show. Why? Not because of his calm, reasonable demeanor, they tuned in to see it in the same way as folk watch an episode of Eastenders at Christmas to see some poor sod get killed off.

We've entered an era of personality politics like we've never seen before. Ol' Trump on the other side of the pond, Nige doing the rounds here, little Tommy being brought into the fold with UKIP (there's a candidate for QT if ever I saw one! Get him signed up!) and Boris as PM would add another to the mix!

It's pure car crash shite, but in the end who really cares? Just sit back and watch it all burn to the ground.

We have seen this before, too many times. It's all a bad, bad joke, and it wasn't funny the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Natalie Wood

Leanne Wood. Natalie Wood is an olden days actress. And she's not Plaid leader anymore, it's Adam Price. But he's a decent orator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Natalie Wood is an olden days actress

Could she have led them through political choppy waters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing now might not be a good time to remind everybody that David Dimbleby will be presenting his last edition of Question Time a week tomorrow. Don't think they've announced his replacement yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fog Dude said:

I'm guessing now might not be a good time to remind everybody that David Dimbleby will be presenting his last edition of Question Time a week tomorrow. Don't think they've announced his replacement yet. 

Piers Morgan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

I'm guessing now might not be a good time to remind everybody that David Dimbleby will be presenting his last edition of Question Time a week tomorrow. Don't think they've announced his replacement yet. 

It's one of the BBC newsreaders, isn't it? I forget which one now...

Edit: yeah, Fiona Bruce. According to reports though, so no official announcement yet.

Edited by PunkStep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Leanne Wood. Natalie Wood is an olden days actress. And she's not Plaid leader anymore, it's Adam Price. But he's a decent orator.

Agh, yes. I'd somehow conflated her with Natalie Bennett. 

Didn't know about Adam Price. Thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...