Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I’m excited for the build up to officially start on Thursday. Fascinated to see how Conor addresses his mental behaviour since the Mayweather fight. 

He posted an Instagram story the other night of him pissing about on a Jet-ski at something mad like 1am.  You have to wonder how bonkers this whole thing is going to end up. Will he even show up for the press conference?

• Paid Members

The closer it gets the more I convince myself Mcgregor is pulling off the upset here. I don't know why. It makes no sense. There's just something about that crazy bastard Mcgregor and people doubting him.

• Paid Members

I don't even know if it'd be considered an upset anymore. It should be, IMO, but it seems like almost everyone outside this forum is picking McGregor to win. I don't get it myself but I keep hearing and reading he's knocking Khabib out so it can't be considered that much of an upset if it happens. Personally I still think Khabib wrecks him.

Is it really an upset? I know Khabib is favourite among fans to get the win, but it's not as if McG is a complete bum with no chance, is it?

I currently see the thing as a 60/40 deal, with Khabib having the edge due to his grappling game, his stamina, his complete dominance up to now, and his active streak of late.

McG is hampered by not only not being active, but a lot of personal shit in his life. But, he's a quality striker, and although he doesn't possess the one-punch KO power that some people seem to think he does, he's accurate, which can be just as effective.

He has a punchers chance for me, and should be dangerous for the first 2 minutes or so of the first round, and the first minute or so of the 2nd if it goes that long.

There's always a window of opportunity for him to try and get up from the first few takedowns, of course.

Khabib has a weird system when it comes to takedowns, he seems to treat the first two attempts as "dummy runs" and secures on his third. The first seems to be him checking distance and reaction of his opponent, the 2nd is to grab hold and start applying pressure, before he takes you down on the third.

We don't know much about Khabib's chin either. He got wobbled a bit by Michael Johnson, who you forget lit him up for about a minute in their match. I'm not sure Khabib would be wise to test his standup in a similar way with Conor. However, he also walked through an Edson Barbosa spinning wheel kick to the head like it was nothing!

• Paid Members

Personally I'd see it as an upset if Conor wins. Not as massive one, but I just think both the style of Khabib and the layoff mean this fight is all wrong for McGregor. A fight can be considered an upset without thinking the underdog is a bum. I just think the circumstances of this one don't favour a McGregor win. 

All that said, I'm not completely writing his chances off. For me there are only two men at 155 with a realistic shot at beating Khabib. Conor McGregor is one, Tony Ferguson is the other. For different reasons. As for Conor, everyone has a punchers chance no matter how uphill a battle it is, but I do think McGregor's punchers chance is better than most. I think his money punch has a higher probability of landing than most due to his timing, accuracy, speed and confidence to let the punches go. He's a sniper. He's a great fighter. None of what I've said in this thread is to diminish that. I just really think Khabib is the worst style matchup out there for him. 

Archived