Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

Just because you don't vote tory, it doesn't make you left wing.  In fact, even if you vote Labour, it doesn't make you left wing.  It's the classic thing of narrowing the spectrum so what used to be centre is now on the edge.  Fuck that, centrist arseholes.

8 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

This is the worst fucking post I have ever seen.

It is but he has a point about Ray's dad. That show should have been called "For some reason some people like Raymond but everyone loves his dad because he's mean to a bunch of twats."

Oh and whilst I'm here, Labyrinth is shit.  My ex cousin in law was named Jareth after it and he was shit too.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It is but he has a point about Ray's dad. That show should have been called "For some reason some people like Raymond but everyone loves his dad because he's mean to a bunch of twats."

Oh and whilst I'm here, Labyrinth is shit.  My ex cousin in law was named Jareth after it and he was shit too.

I used to like when Ray's brother's in laws turned up because Fred Willard plays eccentric really well. Ray's dad was the main draw of the show though.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Cue the UKFF Favourite Shitcom thread.

I did a sitcom poll a few years ago but can't remember if I did a shitcom one with it. Which renders this comment completely pointless but I'm going to post it anyway because I wrote it out after all.

36 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I did a sitcom poll a few years ago but can't remember if I did a shitcom one with it. Which renders this comment completely pointless but I'm going to post it anyway because I wrote it out after all.

Raymond deserves no praise nor love. It belongs in early morning purgatory along with King Of Queens. Mildly amusing comedy that beats the bullshit news programmes on at the same time. Frasier however deserves better than the slot its given but I can't grumble too much as it brightens up the day beautifully.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Did you really? Bloody hell Chest, it's the worst.

Edit: you even said it was better than the IT Crowd!

I corrected myself and said that they were equally bad. I'll stand by that.

Raymond, of course, is garbage. Peter Boyle may well be the best thing about it, but he should have just stuck to playing a police chief in films forever.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

The Simpsons is still funny and all those who rattle on about it only being good up to season 6 have no class.

Actually, popular belief is that the signs of decline started at season 9 where Principal Skinner turned out to be an impostor. An all-time guffaw that destroyed a beloved character for no purpose or reason. Had there been subsequent storylines and arcs based on Skinner trying to reclaim his life and regain trust within the community then it would've made some sense, but it was a throwaway episode that did a tremendous amount of damage to the show and was barely referenced afterwards.

The following seasons were still good and there's some great episodes to be found, but you could tell that the quality had taken a hit and the characters felt less fleshed out. 80% of seasons 14 and 13 are bollocks though and then I ceased watching regularly. I stopped watching the new episodes completely a few years ago as it relies on 'shock value' tropes and incredibly shitty writing. The episode that featured Elon Musk finished me off, what a cringey wankfest that was.The characters are shadows of their former selves that bend to fit the story instead of the narrative being based on their established traits.

Actually, here's a real good chart which gives a pretty good snapshot and charts the downfall of the show (on the left is the average rating out of ten for each season based on rating each episode individually);

9a6181ab045c464c923cdc89c0e0c5d0_15495ec

Reading some of that makes my skin crawl. I actually saw the episodes about Homer & Marge growing up in the 90's and being abducted by aliens. I couldn't keep my food down. 

Edited by Accident Prone