Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

To be fair, it is not that new. Did man utd not previously send players to royal antwerp on loan? Wholeheartedly agree on the benefits though. 

I deliberately didn't mention that (and Arsenal's) because that was mainly about work permits, not development. Plus most of the players they sent to Antwerp were shit.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I deliberately didn't mention that (and Arsenal's) because that was mainly about work permits, not development. Plus most of the players they sent to Antwerp were shit.

Joel Campbell and Wellington Silva! Forever loanees. And any young Japanese player we've ever signed.

If you're a promising young player and you think Chelsea is a good career option then congratulations on having loads of self belief but unfortunately you're lacking in the foresight department. If you have so much self belief why not do what's best for your development and bank on the big move later on? It's got far more to do with cashing in and bad judgement/representation than it does self belief.

Just now, Mr_Danger said:

If you have so much self belief why not do what's best for your development and bank on the big move later on?

For some players later on never comes, be it because of injury, a change of manager at your current club or whatever. Football is a short career, when you get the chance to try your luck on the big stage, and to make more money, you take it.

There's no guarantee that it'll ever come around again, or that you'll even be playing the game a year from now.

• Paid Members

I'm very tired, hence why I'm having a Big Club Whinge. Morata is awful and I am an idiot for (however briefly) thinking that he was a good signing.

When Torres was appalling a few years ago, you didn't mind so much because he was obviously trying but he'd lost his pace and confidence completely. Morata is a donkey, a donkey with terrible mentality at that.

He's about 8 foot 2, but spends most of his time falling over if a defender comes within five yards of him. We could bring back 2018 vintage Bobby Tambling in his wheelchair and see better hold up play. How someone so big is so fantastically bad at keeping possession when the ball is put up top is beyond comprehension. I think he's been offside more frequently this season than Pippo Inzaghi was his entire career, which considering we've dropped him for 50 year old Olivier Giroud and someone who isn't even a striker at various points is an achievement.

Watching him flap around like a bird that's flown into the window every time he fails to win a free kick is nauseating. If you Google image search soft as shite, you'll see a picture of him throwing a paddy after skying one, like a moody two year old who's being sent to bed early. 

He is about the last person on the planet you would want in your corner during a fight. He'd have fucked off to hide in the bogs by the time the first punch was thrown. He's the anti-Costa, the anti-Drogba. A busted flush who needs to go back to play in Spain.

Edited by Gus Mears

27 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Morata is awful and I am an idiot for (however briefly) thinking that he was a good signing.

I've not been following the news much over the holidays, but isn't there a bit of a rumour that he's heading to Milan in exchange for Higuain? How would you feel about that move?

Personally, I think Higuain would tear it up in England.

• Paid Members

@Gus MearsFunny you mention Chelsea and strikers. To feed Rick's moan further, I saw an article on BBC's football section today- 'Sarri wants to buy a striker'. Directly above it? 'Wolves want Chelsea striker Abraham'.

Why not give Abraham a chance?! I said the same thing last January when they started to sniff around Giroud (mainly because Giroud was MINE to sniff, not theirs). He was doing pretty well in a terrible Swansea side at the time and had not long received his first England call-up. They clearly wanted a big target man, so why not make use of what they had? He's been brilliant on loan for Villa so far.

• Paid Members

@David Can't see it happening long term with Higuain's contract and age, but if it was a loan move, I'd probably go for it. He couldn't be much worse than Morata has been for the past 12 months. 

@PunkStep Not expensive enough. That's the eminently sensible thing, so we'll spunk £30 million on someone shite instead. 

6 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Can't see it happening long term with Higuain's contract and age, but if it was a loan move, I'd probably go for it. He couldn't be much worse than Morata has been for the past 12 months. 

I'd heard that Milan are facing problems with the financial fair play rules or something and are looking to offload some players this month and in the summer. Could be wrong though.

• Paid Members

Sky reporting Jermain Defoe is off to Rangers on an 18 month loan (with 2 recall options). That's some signing isn't it? He'll score goals for fun up there.

And some great work for that bad photoshop thread:

image.thumb.png.c316a2388ddb8a2b67d07b4935300ae1.png

Edited by tiger_rick