Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

There are still Coventry fans who resent Liverpool fans because we couldn't play in Europe because of them.  After all, Heysel was the only example of hooliganism that involved an English club in those years.

I know a Chelsea fan who brings the ban up all the time. A fucking Chelsea fan moaning about other club fan violence ffs.

• Paid Members

I'm still amazed they normally put Hearts vs Hibs on at night. Tynecastle and (maybe not so much) Easter Road are too much of a crowded in stadium. People right next to you.

I hope you are all good at lip reading because he's just been mentioned on BBC Breakfast right now.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I have always hated Liverpool and never put it down to one thing, but they always seem to come along with something new to keep my hatred fuelled. However I want them to do well enough to keep Koop in a job as I want to keep Gerrard at Rangers for a few years yet as he and his coaching team have not only gotten what Rangers are about, they are also coaching players to be better and seeing improvements across all the squad they inherited as well. 

Edited by Louch

6 minutes ago, Louch said:

yet as he and his coaching team have not only gotten what Rangers are about

This is exactly the kind of thing I mean when I say it's usually the fans that make you hate a club.  What ARE Rangers about, apart from a football team?

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Jealousy at success.

That was the main one for me when I was a kid, when United were shit and Liverpool were winning everything, as well as the geographical rivalry. I think anyone saying "because of the fans" seems to be forgetting that all sets of football fans are complete twats.

7 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I think anyone saying "because of the fans" seems to be forgetting that all sets of football fans are complete twats.

For me, it's the entitlement of fans.  They believe that their club has some right to be in contention and smaller uppity clubs shouldn't be taking their spot.  They are the ones who point to history, as if it counts for anything, as to why they are a "Big club" or whatever.  You see it in the Premier League from former contenders bemoaning that some clubs at their level shouldn't be in there with the big boys.  Some West Ham fans are a good example of this.

Saying that, it works both ways.  I mean there are Cov fans who think they are too big for League One or League Two and that we are a "Sleeping Giant".  No we aren't, we are Big Show having a kip at best.  Ambition is great, but entitlement stinks, and so does Big Show.

27 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

This is exactly the kind of thing I mean when I say it's usually the fans that make you hate a club.  What ARE Rangers about, apart from a football team?

It’s about having a winning mentality. Not coming out after a draw with a bottom of the league club and saying it was a good result as others over the last few years have found acceptable to do. Second is last in Scotland , and he doesn’t seem happy to settle to be second to Celtic. 

1 minute ago, Louch said:

It’s about having a winning mentality. Not coming out after a draw with a bottom of the league club and saying it was a good result as others over the last few years have found acceptable to do. Second is last in Scotland , and he doesn’t seem happy to settle to be second to Celtic. 

That does reek of entitlement though.  I mean, given how the old firm have such a huge advantage over the rest of the country they should be the top two every year and they should be pissing over other clubs, but when you see Aberdeen doing well, the entitlement makes some people think that the dons are taking their spot.

Stevie Me really seems to have instilled that mentality he had as a player into the club though, so it must feel good being a fan of The Rangers for the first time in years.

• Paid Members

The fans. "This year will be our year" and constantly celebrating things woefully prematurely/talking up spectacular victories way ahead of time which often go hilariously wrong, like that lad who tweeted "Can't wait for later when Salah ends Ashley Young's career." They're the worst at that kind of rubbish. I sit next to one at work now and she's awful. Unfortunately 90% of the Scousers I've ever met have been ear-rape/swaggering bellends/failed comedians of the highest order so the football fans are pre-determined to annoy me by simply opening their mouths, but still, they're an insufferable pack. Worse than the worst Gooners - coming from a Tottenham fan.

The sheer arrogance of believing they're the neutrals favourites, oblivious to the fact they're despised, is another one. The one I work with sent me a tweet saying "If you don't want Liverpool to win the league you're not just a Tory but the worst kind of Tory, unless you're a Spurs fan in which case you're probably a proud Tory anyway." I wonder how much of this shite they really believe and how much is awful bantz. "Always the victim" / closing ranks mentality is stomach-churning out of them too - I lack the energy to type up the worst of what came out of the fanbase (and Dalglish) during the Suarez racism storm but... yeah.

They do my nut in like you wouldn't believe. I'd tolerate another Arsenal or Chelsea title win easily over Liverpool actually winning it because while hideous in principle it would be preferable over that lot chirping about it for the next 12 months. Social networks have come into existence and started piping the worst of every set of fans' bullshit into my eyes in the decades since they actually won the league title and I think it would be fucking unbearable. "Neutrals my favourite" my fucking arse.

• Paid Members

I have to say that this 'neutrals' favourite' thing was news to me until relatively recently. Why on earth would a Liverpool fan actually believe that? Furthermore, why would you boast about that? Being hated makes winning all the more fun because everyone cries far more about it when you do.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

That does reek of entitlement though.  I mean, given how the old firm have such a huge advantage over the rest of the country they should be the top two every year and they should be pissing over other clubs, but when you see Aberdeen doing well, the entitlement makes some people think that the dons are taking their spot.

Stevie Me really seems to have instilled that mentality he had as a player into the club though, so it must feel good being a fan of The Rangers for the first time in years.

I agree it reeks of entitlement. Doesn't bother me tho 😂 rangers have never been about sexy football, or claiming to have a style envied the world over. We just have the expectation that every game is played to be won. The manager and players should have that mentality and for years we haven’t had that. 

I dont mind competition, and do realise we can’t win everything every time. It’s good to see clubs challenging, think what Stevie Clarke is doing at killie is tremendous and really surprised he hasn’t had teams down south after him given his 2018. Aberdeen can fuck off tho 

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

The fans. "This year will be our year" and constantly celebrating things woefully prematurely/talking up spectacular victories way ahead of time which often go hilariously wrong, like that lad who tweeted "Can't wait for later when Salah ends Ashley Young's career." They're the worst at that kind of rubbish. I sit next to one at work now and she's awful. Unfortunately 90% of the Scousers I've ever met have been ear-rape/swaggering bellends/failed comedians of the highest order so the football fans are pre-determined to annoy me by simply opening their mouths, but still, they're an insufferable pack. Worse than the worst Gooners - coming from a Tottenham fan.

The sheer arrogance of believing they're the neutrals favourites, oblivious to the fact they're despised, is another one. The one I work with sent me a tweet saying "If you don't want Liverpool to win the league you're not just a Tory but the worst kind of Tory, unless you're a Spurs fan in which case you're probably a proud Tory anyway." I wonder how much of this shite they really believe and how much is awful bantz. "Always the victim" / closing ranks mentality is stomach-churning out of them too - I lack the energy to type up the worst of what came out of the fanbase (and Dalglish) during the Suarez racism storm but... yeah.

They do my nut in like you wouldn't believe. I'd tolerate another Arsenal or Chelsea title win easily over Liverpool actually winning it because while hideous in principle it would be preferable over that lot chirping about it for the next 12 months. Social networks have come into existence and started piping the worst of every set of fans' bullshit into my eyes in the decades since they actually won the league title and I think it would be fucking unbearable. "Neutrals my favourite" my fucking arse.

tenor.gif

The neutrals favourite thing is certified, steaming bollocks. A creation of sports journalism. Very, very few actual Liverpool fans want or espouse that title. Just because you know twats that do does not deter from that. 

Honestly, it's such fucking bollocks. 

Getting over excited is definitely part of our make up, though. It rules. It's a wonderfully fun thing to upset others with. 

I genuinely thought that the neutrals favourites was an 'In' joke on here after someone had coined it unintentionally. I had no idea of the narrative in the media, if there is one. No one I know would consider us 'liked' by any one but Liverpool fans.  The fact so many people are using it as a reason to hate us is quite funny.

The over excitedness comes from our fans being brought up on tales of past glory or actually living through the glory years. Tottenham fans, who's team has historically epitomized the whole playing pretty losing football thing are the opposite, with an expectation to fall at the last hurdle. It's probably why they hate us so much, I've never really understood why else they seem to hate us so much more than other teams.