90s Bangers

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Yeah, I thought she was the most gorgeous woman ever when I first saw her too.

Really? When the 90s gave us the sublime Anita Doth?

A lot of the music I was exposed to in the mid-late 90s came courtesy of The Box on Diamond Cable (back when it was free with whatever package you had). I'll never forget the time we came back from a night out, absolutely wankered and turning The Box on just as Aphex Twin's new video was starting. The four of us just sat in silence with this look of horror on our faces.

I'm struggling to think what the regular tunes on there were, but here's a couple that seemed to pop up most nights.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Anita from 2 Unlimited was the best looking music woman of the 90s. Just ahead of Kelly from Deuce.

My other memory of Deuce was the bizarre experience of seeing Terry Christian having a huge rant in the Manchester Evening News about how they should have been chosen to represent the UK at Eurovision.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

This thread is basically the soundtrack to my childhood - and it's still a crime that Deuce aren't on Spotify. 

Oh but they are! Search under artist, there's a few Deuce's on there, I think they're the second one down. Found them yesterday.

Edit: here you go

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6YbvdW5AYtP2Ldep52jeR3?si=cDrGKpNAQxWNgMPMEIQmmg

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Really? When the 90s gave us the sublime Anita Doth?

I saw Betty first, and saw Anita I think maybe a couple of years later. I have this weird thing where my brain finds such women the most beautiful in existence for a brief period, then re-adjusts and does that with somebody else, etc. I thought the same about Louise Wener when I first saw her too.