Pey Per View Themes. What's the best?

PowerButchi

Pay per view themes, what's the best?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Wrestlerock wasn't a PPV.

Yep it was just a big arena show but it was marketed like a PPV. WrestleMania I wasnt a PPV either, it was a closed circuit TV broadcast. The WWFs first PPV was the Wrestling Classic in November of 1985. JCPs first PPV wasnt until Starrcade 87 same time up against the Survivor Series where some PPV operators dropped Starrcade after Vince played hardball with them because the WWF PPVs did good business for the PPV companies. JCPs other big events til then were closed circuit broadcasts. However they are put under the PPV banner on the WWE Network. I'm assuming Wrestlerock etc weren't on PPV because the WWF essentially had a monopoly on them and Vince strong armed his competitors of them. I don't think Wrestle rock was on closed circuit either which considering it had a 15 match card with some big match ups was a mistake. This was around the time the AWA was on ESPN so it would have made sense to have at least made it available via closed circuit, even on PPV. But it was only really late 87 when the WWF had direct competition via another wrestling promotion on pay per view.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I liked them using Power by Little Mix for part of this years' Royal Rumble. What a fantastic song and it tied in well with the Women's Rumble.

I love you, in a way.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

VAST have a song called Touched which was used as one of the Wrestlemania 25 songs. It’s one of the better used songs in recent years. AJ Styles also had it as entrance music in ROH. 

Never knew this. Wasnt watching the TV at the time and probably haven't watched that Mania in it's entirety since the week it aired. It's now going to bug me which wrestler used a Jimmy Hart style instrumental of Touched for their theme in TNA, ROH, NXT or somewhere but somebody has.....

• Paid Members

Was going to say "Fight" from Summerslam 2002, "My Way" from Wrestlemania X7, and Linda McMahon's music from the older Manias. 

This one appears on a bunch of PPVs too, but it's mostly from the Wrestlemania XX Hall of Fame

o

On 07/03/2018 at 5:42 PM, air_raid said:

Never knew this. Wasnt watching the TV at the time and probably haven't watched that Mania in it's entirety since the week it aired. It's now going to bug me which wrestler used a Jimmy Hart style instrumental of Touched for their theme in TNA, ROH, NXT or somewhere but somebody has.....

Lance Hoyt’s theme in TNA around 2005?

Archived