UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well as Wand said Khabib & his crew did try and start on Lobov who seemed on his own & McGregor & Lobov are quite tight, Khabib & his brother WSOF WW who only has one loss and his crew had an altercation with both Diaz brothers and their crew so they are both as bad as each other.

If it involves Max Holloway then that's different as he doesn't seem that type at all.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for this card. I know the main event is expected to be one-sided on paper, but it's not everyday that two P4P kingpins meet in their primes. If their careers had played out a bit differently this fight could have been this generation's Anderson vs GSP (other than it would actually happen).

When was the last time a champion in a lighter weightclass stepped up to take on the reference point in the weightclass directly above? Penn vs GSP 2? I guess Edgar vs Aldo is close to being another example. Edgar wasn't champion due to a dodgy judges call and went down in weight to take on Aldo. Miocic and D.C are also pencilled in to fight in a few months, but circumstances mean that they have been beaten to the punch by Max and Khabib. 

I have my fingers crossed that both men make weight without any bother. 

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Conor McGregor is reportedly at the arena acting like a complete dickhead. Videos are on Twitter.

Not since Chris Benoit has my fandom for someone diminished so rapidly.

Video On the previous page too

• Paid Members
Just now, TildeGuy~! said:

Video On the previous page too

Ah, apologies. I didn’t realise it was already being discussed.

What a disappointment. Conor at the show could’ve made for a great moment. Maybe his does a face off with the winner. Shame he’s a twat who’s probably going to get himself arrested.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Firstly, I'm not letting McGregor off the hook. He's made some shit remarks and looked like a complete skid in the process.

Secondly, Kadyrov is actually herding gay men into concentration camps, and having them killed! You tell me how being buddies with this guy is any less horrendous than being a homophobic misogynist douchebag. By all accounts (insofar as one can trust them), these guys are good buddies. 

I'm not saying this to defend Conor - quite the opposite. I'm saying Nurmagomedov should be viewed by the same lights. He's not some bantering tough guy with a playful streak, he's a crony of a murderous oligarch.

C-Bomb, I'm not sure why you're bringing Khabib into the discussion, as I never said he was a great guy (neither did anyone else from what I've seen). We've only ever really mentioned the fact that he's a relentless, hard as nails bastard. Having seen reports on his background and upbringing, where his own father would beat the shit out of him if he didn't train I'd be very surprised if he's in the running for humanitarian of the year.

I know you're maybe not doing it intentionally, but it looks as though you're saying "yeah, Conor said some nasty things, but what about this guy?!? He's just as bad!!"

And nah, some guy from Dagestan playing it smart politically with a known murderer and tyrant isn't quite as bad as someone who yells racist and homophobic obscenities in public. 

I've not seen Khabib really talk about his private life much in interviews etc, but if he ever comes out and explicitly says that he agrees with Kadyrov's stance on homosexuality then I'll change my opinion.

There's a huge difference in my mind between a guy who's been born and raised in a place like Dagestan and all the politics that goes on there playing the game when it comes to dangerous warlords, and a ignorant daftie from Ireland who's a bit backwards. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I guess the suggestion is that if Kadyrov wants you as a crony, you either are one or you're dead.  There is also the possibility that Khabib agrees with everything Kadyrov does and says.

Having watched some documentaries in the past about that part of the world, it seems like both are one & the same. You agree with him, or you're going to pay the price. 

It's probably a bit of a bastard if you have family who are living in that part of the world while you're training and living in the US. No doubt they'd pay the price for your refusal to play ball, much like Fedor's daughter did.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

C-Bomb, I'm not sure why you're bringing Khabib into the discussion, as I never said he was a great guy (neither did anyone else from what I've seen). We've only ever really mentioned the fact that he's a relentless, hard as nails bastard. Having seen reports on his background and upbringing, where his own father would beat the shit out of him if he didn't train I'd be very surprised if he's in the running for humanitarian of the year.

I know you're maybe not doing it intentionally, but it looks as though you're saying "yeah, Conor said some nasty things, but what about this guy?!? He's just as bad!!"

And nah, some guy from Dagestan playing it smart politically with a known murderer and tyrant isn't quite as bad as someone who yells racist and homophobic obscenities in public. 

I've not seen Khabib really talk about his private life much in interviews etc, but if he ever comes out and explicitly says that he agrees with Kadyrov's stance on homosexuality then I'll change my opinion.

There's a huge difference in my mind between a guy who's been born and raised in a place like Dagestan and all the politics that goes on there playing the game when it comes to dangerous warlords, and a ignorant daftie from Ireland who's a bit backwards. 

Firstly, the bit in bold: I made the very point in my earlier post that that isn't what I'm doing. I'm not letting Conor off the hook. Read my past few posts on the guy, my position is clear.

The reason why I've brought Khabib into the discussion is because various people on here, including yourself, have stated that they're fans of him. I don't like him, and have said so in previous threads. To be quite frank, I think the whole "playing the smart political game" thing, whilst no doubt true to an extent, doesn't explain the degree of chumminess he's displayed with Kadyrov, nor the lambasting of Fedor when he criticised the child MMA promotion - he could've just kept quiet. So yeah - he is just as bad. He may not have killed anyone himself, but then neither has McGregor, has he? Either way, we should be condemning them both. I don't like to see guys like Nurmagomedov flying under the radar and even getting praise just because we're not condoning McGregor.

Just to add to Daz's tweet:

Dylan Chambers
@dylchambers
 8m8 minutes ago
Reports claim that Conor McGregor has been arrested after his antics at #UFC223 media day. A source claims that Dana White turned up at the scene and said "Conor is in jail, he's done" 

3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Firstly, the bit in bold: I made the very point in my earlier post that that isn't what I'm doing. I'm not letting Conor off the hook. Read my past few posts on the guy, my position is clear.

The reason why I've brought Khabib into the discussion is because various people on here, including yourself, have stated that they're fans of him. I don't like him, and have said so in previous threads. To be quite frank, I think the whole "playing the smart political game" thing, whilst no doubt true to an extent, doesn't explain the degree of chumminess he's displayed with Kadyrov, nor the lambasting of Fedor when he criticised the child MMA promotion - he could've just kept quiet. So yeah - he is just as bad. He may not have killed anyone himself, but then neither has McGregor, has he? Either way, we should be condemning them both. I don't like to see guys like Nurmagomedov flying under the radar and even getting praise just because we're not condoning McGregor.

The "degree of chumminess"? Are you listening to yourself? 

As I've said, no one is saying that Khabib is a swell lad. In fact, it's pretty obvious by the way he fights, the way he talks, his upbringing and where he's from that he's not a nice guy. All of that has contributed to creating the fighting machine that he is.

You want us to condemn him being seen to condone a murderous tyrant? No problem, consider it done. I doubt many would be defending him there. I certainly ain't.

I assume you want to condemn people like Mike Tyson, Fabricio Werdum, Chris Weidman etc as well? They've actively accepted his cash and worked with him?

This could either be the route he stays in but I remember Charlemagne That God (Hip Hop radio guy) talking about Justin Beibers behavior and he basically said, what this guy needs is a few hours in jail, surrounded by criminals and it will sort him out, you're in there alone, so have nobody but yourself your money & fame mean nothing in there, Justin Beiber has been not been in much trouble since from what I have seen, hopefully the same happens to Conor.

Obviously he could just carry on the same path and ruin his full career.

Archived