The worst reveal in wrestling history?

JudyBagwell

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

The reveal is shocking but JR's promo just prior is excellent.

Absolutely. I even enjoyed his after craic for the remainder of their term.. along the lines of “these are two fine young athletes” and “why are people booing”... surely you know the answer JR, it’s not that they are shit as such, it’s purely about the fact you’ve led us to believe that Razor & Diesel are coming back, then you bring out these two, who aren’t them but you pretend they are. You fucking clampit.

His persistence of trying to get them over was great.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

When Christian was rumoured to be returning to WWE from TNA in a mystery attacker angle and it turned out to be Matt Hardy instead.

wasn't he returning to help Edge beat Jeff at the Rumble but Vince changed plans after dirtsheets caught on that might be the plan? So they used Matt instead and plonked Christian into WWECW with Swagger.

I'll never fucking forgive Todd Grisham for his call that night when Christian returned. Pure passionless "It's Christian.". if Times New Roman had a sound, that would be it.

6 hours ago, air_raid said:

Didn't need a six week Gabbo build to be the biggest letdown ever. Well, the biggest letdown until the field of the 2012 Rumble, anyway.

That reminds me, whatever happened to fucking Trytan?

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, garynysmon said:

99% of Dixie Carter's Twitter teases.

Yes!

And following the TNA pattern, I'm nominating the time when Hogan claimed to have signed a 'game changer' during the early days of the HogOff era. People instantly were thinking along the lines of Goldberg or other big names- especially considering the names they'd already brought in from that infamous Jan 4th 2010 episode onwards. Hulkster hyped this guy up like you wouldn't believe, so it had so be somebody to trump the other new guys.

And then it turned out to be Mr fucking Kennedy.

• Paid Members

May 19th, Festus as fake Kane, almost a foot shorter and wearing an obvious, ridiculous wig with the mask. Trotting out in that old school Kane garb, then doing the whole mirror movements thing and attacking. The drippingest of shits. Then he goes over clean on PPV and the whole angle is paid off when Kane kicks the hell out of him in a backstage segment on the following Raw and chucks him out the door.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

"It was me, Austin. It was me all along." Still feels like where the wheels started to come off in the attitude era. 

That was shit but they blew the angle off later that month and went on to have their best year ever the following year so not sure it mattered at all in the big picture.

• Paid Members

For me, that 12 month period from when Russo fucked off in late 1999, up until Unforgiven 2000 was the most logical and  planned-out their storylines have ever been. I can’t remember the guy’s name, but I’m sure I remember reading that the lead writer during that (fucking awesome) period would often get mocked for using storyboards and making sure everything made sense. What an amazing form of entertainment where that’s considered something to make fun of.

Edit - Chris Kreski was his name. He should be far more well known than he is. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Bruce Prichard said he wasn't the big dick people assume he is. Prichard downplayed him quite a bit when he got brought up.

Oh really? Does Bruce speak about who was responsible for that time period? I’ve always felt it really stands out as unlike  any other time period for the company. Everything made sense and built almost perfectly. You can tell the exact moment where there’s a shift in who’s writing it, too. Unforgiven 2000. Everything that had been going great suddenly turns to shit. The Steph-Hunter-Kurt love triangle that had carried the summer falls apart in the most unsatisfying way possible and the Stone Cold whodunnit starts to go south.

• Paid Members

IIRC, he states everyone chipped in, rather than it just being one guy changing the business - I guess Russo pissing off meant more good ideas got heard and approved by Vince. It's worth remembering how the XFL schedule hampered everyone by pretty much engulfing their schedule, particularly Vince. By late 2000, Vince was probably consumed with getting it ready in time.

Of course, Prichard could be lying, but he completely downplayed Kreski's influence.

Archived