The worst reveal in wrestling history?

JudyBagwell

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I didn't have Sky back in 95, my uncle taped King Of The Ring for me and I didn't know who or what a Savio Vega was meant to be when I put the tape in. It was a tournament that had Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker and Yokozuna in it so I was a bit confused to see some chubby little Beppe Di Marco lookalike being presented as a main eventer and reaching the finals. And against Mabel in a massive purple babygrow. 

2 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Rikishi revealed to be the one that ran over Stone Cold has to be up high on any list.

That's one of my picks. It was just cringeworthy and anticlimactic. Wrestling's answer to Who Shot (the other) JR had its potential and no doubt many good motive theories while Austin was out. I know they eventually reveal he was paid off by Triple H to set up Survivor Series, but the damage was already done.

TNA's August 1 Warning. All that just to reveal it was Tito Ortiz. The crowd went absolutely mild. Everyone trying their best to look confused whilst he's trying his best to look intimidating. All in an attempt to cross promote his Bellator fight with Rampage Jackson that never was after he got injured in training. Also remember at one point, TNA had this tagline of Wrestling Matters. Despite hiring 2 MMA fighters who didn't really have much to do except get involved in a few brawls.

Last on my list would be the Los Matadores debut as the crowd just didn't know what to make of them. I think they would have fallen on their asses completely if not for El Torito. It's not all bad as we did get WeeLC out of it which is easily one of the most incredible things ever. Particularly the effort with the dwarf ring announcer, ref and commentators (JBElf, Micro Cole and Jerry Smaller) I recall people ripping into the prospect even though it pretty much stole the show.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, iamthedoctor said:

Hornswoggle as Annomous GM had to be the dumbest thing they ever did as that angle must have run for at least a year with all the faces getting screwed over and the reveal was shite!

Wasn't the reveal on the Raw 1000 episode months (possibly years) after they dropped the Anonymous GM angle? Did anyone give a shit about that angle enough to be disappointed?

• Paid Members

That was followed by a reveal just as terrible, when, after a couple of weeks of build-up, the next group "coming to TNA" was revealed to be the Fortune section of Immortal, who'd turned on their stable buddies.

Almost as disappointing was the weekly reveal of the new members of the new Main Event Mafia that Sting was bringing back to combat Aces & Eights: basically a bunch of guys who'd been beaten up already, nobody new. Not even Steiner, which could've rescued it.

Archived