The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

I know the editorial decisions in the documentary are designed to tell a story, but I was struck about how much various other celebrities seemed to dislike Brand.

Not just that fantastic Geldof clip (who likes him straight in the eye after saying it, so he knows he’s serious).  There’s a clip of Brand interviewing Coogan and Coogan’s body language is fascinating - arms crossed, legs crossed, body twisted defensively.   Distaste coming out off every pore, and he’d worked with Brand before so I guess knew what he was about.

21 minutes ago, Loki said:

Not just that fantastic Geldof clip (who likes him straight in the eye after saying it, so he knows he’s serious).  

Such a shame they didn’t show Brands reply which made the odious wanker Geldofs face contort in rage knowing he’d been outsmarted and outwitted. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

It was Noel Fielding, not Russel Brand.

Apparently Russell Brand was with Peaches and Noel Fielding was with Pixie. 

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Apparently Russell Brand was with Peaches and Noel Fielding was with Pixie. 

Nicholas Braun Television GIF by SuccessionHBO

I liked the part of the documentary where Dispatches asked Channel 4 for the documents of grievances against Brand and Channel 4 denied them because they don’t have to provide them. Whilst airing the show they commissioned to expose Russell Brand.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Loki said:

I know the editorial decisions in the documentary are designed to tell a story, but I was struck about how much various other celebrities seemed to dislike Brand.

Not just that fantastic Geldof clip (who likes him straight in the eye after saying it, so he knows he’s serious).  There’s a clip of Brand interviewing Coogan and Coogan’s body language is fascinating - arms crossed, legs crossed, body twisted defensively.   Distaste coming out off every pore, and he’d worked with Brand before so I guess knew what he was about.

It was an anecdote about a shoot they did together so I took it more as Coogan worrying he was going to come off looking bad from the story. Telling that his first question was 'where was I when all that happened?' 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Now I'm not taking away from the victims or making light of the situation, but I think a lot of these nonces should've been giving a good old fashioned shoeing a long time ago, and that might have made them think twice about their behaviour, if they were continuing to get away with it.

Good old violence is often a decent deterrent.

Geldof should've put the head on him and broke his face.

Couldn't disagree more.

That's the mentality that escalates and ends with people beating up "pedos" as an excuse for racist attacks or innocent people getting a shoeing because of personal issues and lies.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Couldn't disagree more.

That's the mentality that escalates and ends with people beating up "pedos" as an excuse for racist attacks or innocent people getting a shoeing because of personal issues and lies.

That's a bit of a reach.

I'm saying that maybe Brand should've been filled in ages ago due to his behaviour. 

Where on earth have you got the other bit from?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Good old violence is often a decent deterrent.

That. And if it's ok to him or for one famous person to get away with it people see, people copy, things escalate.

It's no reach at all. You suggest individual violence is the answer. I'm saying that's the start of a slope that never ends well and has been seen more than once.

Edited by Tommy!

• Members
3 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

That. And if it's ok to him or for one famous person to get away with it people see, people copy, things escalate.

It's no reach at all. You suggest individual violence is the answer. I'm saying that's the start of a slope that never ends well and has been seen more than once.

I'll be honest if I was the father of the 16yo that Brand manipulated and fucked around with, I'd have wanted to cave his face in.

I probably wouldn't as I'm not really thaf type of person, but it wouldn't have been/wouldn't be a bad thing if that happened IMO.

I think I get your point, and I'm not talking about starting a peado vigilante group, I'm just saying it wouldn't be much of a shame if he had been dealt with in that way.

He clearly thinks/thought he was beyond the reach of the law.

• Paid Members

I think the saddest thing is why the  victims felt they couldn’t speak up, even when they had hard evidence. Because they thought he was that untouchable that the police either wouldn’t take them seriously or his lawyers would make sure they didn’t. Seen a lot of “why are they only speaking up now” and that’s due to the pathetic statistics of rape cases that lead to conviction. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

40 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

liked the part of the documentary where Dispatches asked Channel 4 for the documents of grievances against Brand and Channel 4 denied them because they don’t have to provide them. Whilst airing the show they commissioned to expose Russell Brand

That added to the grubby hit piece nature of the production for me. A freedom of information request doesn’t mean you can ask for absolutely anything. But the way they presented it was as if they were kept from THE TRUTH!!! 

Brand is an addict. Whether it was drugs, drink or sex. And as he said, when you are making people a lot of money, they’ll enable those addictions.