Tape Trading - the old school WWE Network

The Reverend

Used Rob Butcher for mine. used to spend ages going through his catalogue trying to pick. first one was KOTDM and an early 80's Memphis comp of varying quality.

found him a top guy and got a lot of ECW from him and his sheik collections was great.

Its different now with the network, gone are the days of anticipation waiting for the vid. Now you just click and its there.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I've recently noticed that HMV's wrestling DVD section is a lot bigger than it used to be, even during the heights of the "Attitude Era".

Not checked the DVD/Blu Ray section in HMV in ages. Do you still need a second Mortgage to buy the latest WWE release from them? 

As for Tape Trading, I used to buy from Glen Radford, purchased many a early Nitro episodes (think each tape had 3 episodes on) and WCW PPV from him as well as a ECW T shirt, which at the time were quite difficult to get hold of - ridiculous as that sounds now when most things can purchased within a couple of clicks. 

10 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Not checked the DVD/Blu Ray section in HMV in ages. Do you still need a second Mortgage to buy the latest WWE release from them? 

As for Tape Trading, I used to buy from Glen Radford, purchased many a early Nitro episodes (think each tape had 3 episodes on) and WCW PPV from him as well as a ECW T shirt, which at the time were quite difficult to get hold of - ridiculous as that sounds now when most things can purchased within a couple of clicks. 

For the most part yes, they have started trimming prices on certain sets to the £10-13 mark and some PPVs are part of the 2 for £10 promotion 

• Paid Members

I traded quite abit, looking back it was a pretty strange thing to do, my parents certainly didn't understand it but at that time i loved it, being woken up by the postman delivering a package of 8th gen. ECW TV was pretty exciting. 

Cant remember many traders names other than Dave Pick & Matt M. i dealt with loads though.

I rememger one specific guy made me a 8 hour long WCW TV compilation  I selected matches/segments and he went away and made it, it must have taken him days and i gave him about 5 quid for it. Good times.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

I rememger one specific guy made me a 8 hour long WCW TV compilation  I selected matches/segments and he went away and made it, it must have taken him days and i gave him about 5 quid for it. Good times.

Jesus, yeah, I'd never given any thought to the amount of time and effort some of these blokes must have actually put in to making compilations of shit for teenage boys, and only charging pocket money for the privilege. What an odd thing it all was.

On 17 October 2017 at 11:23 AM, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Some are ridiculously priced at like around the £20+ mark although they are packaged in a way that actually make some DVD's tempting to buy (must be the nostalgic side in me) 

Does make for a good browse though and there is quite a variety of things. I remember back in the day though when you would find ECW/WCW DVD's in HMV (Tottenham Court Road) and other random ones (maybe ROH?). 

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Surprised to hear that, because SiMania was never anything but top-notch when I bought from him.

I bought loads aswell...i mean this was over a decade ago but i think it was a misunderstanding but i was due a refund or replacement and it never happened but was more pissed off at the time they kicked me off of here. Mustbe been a mates thing

This is a long shot but I’ll ask here and see if anyone can help me. Does anyone remember our version of WWF Superstars on Sky One from 1997-1999 when Gorilla Monsoon was still doing the commentary?

I’ve been searching high and low for these but can’t find anyone with them! If anyone thinks they may have some of these please let me know! Thanks.

There’s a couple of odd matches on YouTube but that’s it

Archived