General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Happy Hammer. I thought Moyles was a good signing and I think it’s paying off now. He was given a poisoned chalice at Man Utd and much much at Sunderland. This would probably be his last chance in the premier league and I think he’s done a grand job so far

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Another scintillting attacking performance from the Blues today. I can't recall three such utterly terrible games in succession before. All the cut and thrust of a pancake.

# Conte's cracking up.... #

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Nick Soapdish said:

Happy Hammer. I thought Moyles was a good signing and I think it’s paying off now. He was given a poisoned chalice at Man Utd and much much at Sunderland. This would probably be his last chance in the premier league and I think he’s done a grand job so far

Yeah, I'm pleased for Moyes. His reputation was in bits only a few months ago, but he's showing he's still a good manager and/or Bilic is a shocking one.

Also delighted Chelsea are falling to bits. Hopefully makes 2nd easier.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Monkee said:

Well, my first ever experience of a Premier League match today wasn’t too bad! Got a free ticket to see Spurs via work and bloody loved it. Not a bad result either 😁

Really was an excellent Spurs performance for you to witness as your first Premier League match. Now you got to go watch us draw 0-0 with Burnley and then blow a 3 goal lead against United and you'll have truly experienced Tottenham Hotspur. 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Many reports on twitter going round that Alexis Sanchez is not in the Arsenal squad today

Yep, so he's gone basically.

I can just about stomach him going to City. United (specifically Jose)? Nah, fuck that.

• Paid Members

I'd just like that knob to stop whinging, pick a shitting team, and get back to playing regularly. He's been fucking up my work fantasy draft team all season between his real injuries, fake injuries, club hokey cokey, and flapping his arms around like he's attempting to take off every time anyone plays a bad ball. Sort it out Sanchez, I'll even split my potential ten quid of winnings with you.

I would welcome the miserable bastard at Chelsea with open arms, but it doesn't fit with our model at all. What with him being able to score goals and all that trivial shite.

• Paid Members

Call me incredibly naive here, but isn't it terrible economics to be spending £20m or so on a player who's out of contract in the summer?

I know all financial logic has already left football, and clubs seem to be much more willing to pay millions for players well into their 30's for the short term gain they bring. But with the title race already tied up, I fail to see what difference waiting until the close season will make?

Archived