General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hmm. To me, that sounds like Arsenal releasing a story to try and nudge City into upping their offer. 

If it's true, it's not the worst deal. Depends whether Wenger thinks he can get more out of Mkhitaryan than Mourinho has. I'm not sure he addresses what the team loses with Sanchez going.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I guess this means Luke Shaw's definitely fucked now.

Ha! Bravo. What's more, don't forget Mkhitaryan will thrive at Arsenal!

I reckon mim might be right, something whipped up to get City to up their offer, preferably the £35m we are apparently holding out for. That's not a bad fee for somebody that can leave on a free in a few months time.

• Paid Members

Rumours buzzing that Carlo Ancelotti has verbally agreed to take over at Arsenal this summer, and that he refused an approach from the Italian national team as a result. If true, I'd be delighted with this appointment. I can't think of a better manager available and he's had success everywhere. Let's hope the Scottish national team don't hijack and get his signature first.

Also, Zidane has signed a new deal to keep him at Real until 2022. So there goes the theories that they'll sack him off.

Edit: the amount of Arsenal fans saying 'no thanks' to Don Carlo. Can't make this shit up. I give up with these fans

Seriously? That's a great coup for Arsenal if true. I understand the romanticism of having a younger manager come in and starting his own legacy ala Wenger but Man United have shown that you need a big a name as possible to follow up someone like Wenger.

• Paid Members

Carlo is a class act and is the perfect guy to do a job for a few years before Arsenal go for another long term manager (assuming that's the model they want to continue). I think it's a much better idea to have him about for a spell rather than someone untested at a big club.

I absolutely loved Carlo at Chelsea. Best football we've played in the Abramovich era under him.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What's their reason for not wanting him on board? They do understand that the Premier League goes higher than 4th, don't they?

Because they're absolute fucking idiots. 

Reasons I've seen so far: he's too much like Wenger, he won't be tough enough on the players, we need someone young, he got found out at Real and Bayern, he was average in his last job (WHEN HE WON THE FUCKING LEAGUE), we need Tuchel instead.

Ungrateful, self-entitled bunch of wankers. I hope we get Moyes now.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Rumours buzzing that Carlo Ancelotti has verbally agreed to take over at Arsenal this summer, and that he refused an approach from the Italian national team as a result. If true, I'd be delighted with this appointment. I can't think of a better manager available and he's had success everywhere. Let's hope the Scottish national team don't hijack and get his signature first.

I know this is at my expense, but I love that it's still going.

• Paid Members
Just now, PunkStep said:

I don't think it's at your expense! I thought a couple of the Scottish posters on here said they wanted Ancelotti to take on the Scotland.

Ah, fair enough. I did mention it once, but not as in "I think they should get him". It was more a question as to whether or not Scotland could get him (as I didn't know the state the SFA was in at the time).

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Also, Zidane has signed a new deal to keep him at Real until 2022. So there goes the theories that they'll sack him off.

Edit: the amount of Arsenal fans saying 'no thanks' to Don Carlo. Can't make this shit up. I give up with these fans

I'd seen somewhere the other day that Mikel Arteta was being groomed for Arsene's job when he moves upstairs into  the boardroom.. I think it was the BBC's gossip page, so it should probably be taken with several grains of salt.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Because they're absolute fucking idiots. 

Reasons I've seen so far: he's too much like Wenger, he won't be tough enough on the players, we need someone young, he got found out at Real and Bayern, he was average in his last job (WHEN HE WON THE FUCKING LEAGUE), we need Tuchel instead.

Ungrateful, self-entitled bunch of wankers. I hope we get Moyes now.

He won the Champions League at Madrid too.

Sacked the season after because they dared to finish 2nd in La Liga. 

A regular Mark Hughes.

Archived