General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Lacazette to Arsenal for £44m is being reported by virtually everyone. Lyon have apparently accepted so it's down to the player. Wouldn't surprise me if he waits a little while to see whether any other offers come in, considering he said he'd only move to a CL team.

Maybe we can somehow convince him that we ARE in the Champions League and hope he can't tell the difference between Wednesdays and Thursdays. Or the difference between playing Bayern and FC Faeroesfishingtown.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Indy has Liverpool ready to make a move for AOC with the Arse willing to accept £25m. Don't get me wrong, it's a classic Liverpool type transfer but at that price in this market it's a no brainer. Had he played for anyone other than Arsenal then his injury record would put me right off but everyone knows Arsenal break players. I think he'd do really well under Klopp and whilst the idea might be to utilise him through the middle he'd offer much needed pace in wide areas when half our attack fucks off to Africa every other year. I reckon he'd kick on like Milner did when he went to Villa.

The only bad thing about that move would be it pretty much means we don't sign the lad Naby Keita who looks brilliant but RBL seem unwilling to listen to any offers this summer. 

I think Arsenal would be mad to sell OX. For one he is better than Theo, Iwobi, Perez and other options in the team that isn't Sanchez in the wide areas.

Secondly from what I saw he blossomed in the new formation Arsenal finished with last season, granted he may not want to play a wing-back role but thought he brought out the best in him.

As for Lacazette I have heard everything from he is Henry the second, to the french Darren Bent. Still an upgrade on what they have though, will bring out the best in Ozil & Xhaka with somebody running in behind the defence. 

• Paid Members

He definitely blossomed in the new formation so I'd be pretty gutted to see him leave. Keeping Ox will save us having to replace Jenkinson and Debuchy to compete with Bellerin for that RWB spot.

I don't agree that he's a better option as a forward than those mentioned however. Iwobi, yes. Walcott, not sure- Theo scores far more goals than Ox although perhaps doesn't offer as much overall. Perez, can't really reach a conclusion seeing as he's hardly been given a sniff and when he has played, he's been very good.

Ox also has this Theo-like obsession that he isn't yet playing in his best position, which he believes is CM. That's the main thing that will convince him to move if anything, although I can't see his best position being in the middle at all. He gives the ball away far too often to play there at this level. He definitely suggested he doesn't want to play RWB regularly, which is a damn shame.

• Paid Members

Lot of Arsenal fans on Twitter fuming because signing Lacazette would presumably put an end to them signing Mbappe, which would definitely have gone ahead of course.

• Paid Members

Lacazette is a superb striker but what does this mean for Giroud? You're not playing both of them unless Wenger does something stupid and sticks him wide. I personally think Lacazette is better than Giroud but I can't imagine he's going to be wanting to be warming the bench for long periods of time even if it does mean it won't mess his hair up as much.

• Paid Members

Yeah I suspect Giroud will make way for those very reasons. There's already talk of him going to Lyon as part of the deal and to be honest there will be plenty of suitors for him. West Ham apparently another club after him, I think he'd be a brilliant signing for them. He's far too good for them, though. Plus they're dodgy cunts. Welbz will be second fiddle to Lacazette.

With so many games I don't see why Giroud can't be involved in the squad, he offers a different option and throughout the season will get game time (he would give defenders in the Europa League nightmares). Welbeck will never play a full season because of injuries so think he is good to have in the squad but as a back up thats risky if your main striker gets injured. Although if Sanchez stays he could always go up front I guess. 

4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Lot of Arsenal fans on Twitter fuming because signing Lacazette would presumably put an end to them signing Mbappe, which would definitely have gone ahead of course.

We'll those deluded fools obviously didn't read Chris Boscombe saying that if Mbappe wants to play in the Premier League then Liverpool want to be part of that conversation.

• Paid Members

Chelsea should sign him. His style would seem a decent fit for the way they play, I think. Although I guess Chelsea might not want to be seen signing Arsenal's rejects even though that would be very funny.

Archived