Grease 2 pisses all over Grease 1

PowerButchi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

No wrath from me, I think RHPS is a perfect example of "not for everyone".

Glee tried to trendy it up a few years ago and look what a pile of festering arse that was.

I'm also not going to even suggest my taste is best, because I like some terrible things.

• Paid Members

I love the DD soundtrack but don't agree with it being overly 80s. There are a few songs in the whole film that are 80s style and they were all released as singles which is why they probably stand out more (e.g. Time of My Life, Hungry Eyes, She's Like The Wind). But I'd say 90% of the other songs used are from the 50s and 60s.

I just took a look at the soundtrack (the extended anniversary edition as there are more songs) and 3 are dated in the 80s, some have no info as they're incidental music specifically written for the film such as the music they dance to on stage, and 15 date from 1956-1963.

• Paid Members

I love the DD soundtrack but don't agree with it being overly 80s. There are a few songs in the whole film that are 80s style and they were all released as singles which is why they probably stand out more (e.g. Time of My Life, Hungry Eyes, She's Like The Wind). But I'd say 90% of the other songs used are from the 50s and 60s.

I just took a look at the soundtrack (the extended anniversary edition as there are more songs) and 3 are dated in the 80s, some have no info as they're incidental music specifically written for the film such as the music they dance to on stage, and 15 date from 1956-1963.

If I am watching Downton Abbey and they played Firestarter during a dinner scene, it would ruin the time it was set in (never watched it, don't care). My point is if you are making a period piece anything in it should be from that time. It's criminal ANY songs from after 63 are in it and that's why, for me, the film is a bust.

I like when they use intentionally anachronistic music in films sometimes, e.g. 300.

Yeah, Being a Nick Cave fanboy aside, the music used in Peaky Blinders really added to the overall effect.

• Paid Members

At the risk of evoking the wrath of Nostalgia Nonce again, I despise Rocky Horror, but I hate the fans more.

Ever met a Repo: The Genetic Opera fan?

That's an example of something I could never imagine watching — it could never been good enough to overcome the obnoxiousness of the fanbase. That's something the internet has brought about — under-the-radar fanbases that make the thing they adore unbearable: I don't even fully know what Undertale, Homestuck, or Die Antwoord are, but I know I never want to know.

Archived