Grease 2 pisses all over Grease 1

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I don't think so. I know my first trip to Meadowhall was right when it opened and areas of it, including the food court, seemed unfinished.

We were pretty unimpressed so didn't visit again for a long time.

Although I'm now starting to remember my sister talking about dancing on tables, so maybe I just timed it badly and was elsewhere when it happened.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all I know of Grease 2 is that bowling song that er indoors sings every time anyone mentions Grease 2 (or bowling) I've managed to live this long without seeing Dirty Dancing so can't compare it to Grease. Cry Baby however is a fantastic film, a film which until I read it's name in this thread I'd forgotten I have a CDR copy of the soudntrack to somewhere, I'm hunting that out tonight between eating my pie and going out to the Moonlandingz gig, I'm listening to that on the way to work tomorrow morning.

I don't know how Grease 2 ends but it can't be as bad as the ending to Grease with that flying car thing that they copied in Queer as Folk 2, so Grease 2 wins.

• Paid Members

Cry Baby however is a fantastic film, a film which until I read it's name in this thread I'd forgotten I have a CDR copy of the soudntrack to somewhere

Nice, the soundtrack is brilliant. I think my first boners came from watching Amy Locane sing Please Mr Jailer. The songs in that film are up there with the best musicals.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show widdles over the lot of 'em. :)

I hated Rocky Horror. Everyone went on about how great it was and I couldn't stand it when I finally got around to watching it. I understand I'm in the minority in that though and my love of Dirty Dancing and disdain of RHPS probably means my taste is up for questioning.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show widdles over the lot of 'em. :)

I hated Rocky Horror. Everyone went on about how great it was and I couldn't stand it when I finally got around to watching it. I understand I'm in the minority in that though and my love of Dirty Dancing and disdain of RHPS probably means my taste is up for questioning.

Not at all; horses for wossnames & all that equal-consideration bollocks, eh?

Evita is also a favourite of mine. :)  The Commitments ... Rock Of Ages ... and I really wish that someone would make We Will Rock You into a movie.

• Paid Members

Cry Baby however is a fantastic film, a film which until I read it's name in this thread I'd forgotten I have a CDR copy of the soudntrack to somewhere

Nice, the soundtrack is brilliant. I think my first boners came from watching Amy Locane sing Please Mr Jailer. The songs in that film are up there with the best musicals.

Amy Locane's singing voice was Rachel Sweet, who I adore — never became the star she should, and mainly gave up music to produce TV shows, but she was absolutely cracking for a while.

Archived