Hardy Boyz offered WWE deals

IANdrewDiceClay

There is no money in Broken Matt Hardy. It might be entertaining (it's not) but it's not making WWE any more money. That's not even a criticism of this stuff, very little is moving the needle these days beyond the name WWE and genuine main event stars like Cena, Reigns, Lesnar, Goldberg and Taker.

Matt's value is in looking after Jeff, who has been a needle mover in the past (I said mover, not user) and protecting him on the road.

Hmm can't disagree with that last statement. Which is why the separate brands thing probably isn't a goer.

But I'll disagree in saying there is no money in Broken Matt. Merch sales will be pretty strong IMO. You sell 'Delete' shirts the night after Raw and the whole internet fandom will buy them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like others have said, I reckon there's enough hardcore fans at PPV and Raw for the Broken gimmick to get a massive reaction. Imagine the lights going down and Matt appearing on screen "WWE Raw, I knew you'd come".

edited quote - or just the lights go down at post WM Raw and then a spotlight on Reby playing the piano ala Nakamura's entrance.

Can you imagine the pop it would get if the lights went down, the piano started playing (not visible) and a spotlight hit the ramp to show King Maxel toddling down to the ring?

or just Vanguard 1

• Paid Members

I hope they don't end up doing this Broken carry on. It's not for me, and to be honest I don't see it being a bigger merch mover than straight up Hardy Boyz merch, though I'm sure it would still sell well.

Matt isn't the Gold Nugget here that's for sure, but they are likely a package deal. As Rick has said, he'd be there to help look after Jeff as well as by looking after Matt you aren't forcing Jeff to choose between a WWE return and continuing with Matt on the indies.

I can't see WWE wanting Matt for anything that he offers on screen at this point in his career, but I'm sure he will be coming along as part of the deal to get Jeff.

Agreed that the money is in Jeff - lots he can do at the top of the card. Can they have Matt act all broken but just call him Version 2? Or is the gimmick tied up with the name rights?

Not sure how the cease and desist letter was worded, they didn't do any delete chants at the ROH show and toned down the overall act.

Wouldn't WWE offering them say 500 dollars do the trick.

Agreed that the money is in Jeff - lots he can do at the top of the card. Can they have Matt act all broken but just call him Version 2? Or is the gimmick tied up with the name rights?

Not sure how the cease and desist letter was worded, they didn't do any delete chants at the ROH show and toned down the overall act.

ROH was on the day of it, they did the smart thing because right now nobody knows much about it. 

Why would the WWE buy it? Also if you were the Hardys that would be the last company you wanted getting hold of it. 

ROH was on the day of it, they did the smart thing because right now nobody knows much about it. 

Why would the WWE buy it? Also if you were the Hardys that would be the last company you wanted getting hold of it. 

What are you waffling on about. I mean if WWE wanted Matt as 'Broken' Matt, just offer TNA 500 dollars for it to make them go away. It wasn't all that serious of a suggestion believe it or not.

What are you waffling on about. I mean if WWE wanted Matt as 'Broken' Matt, just offer TNA 500 dollars for it to make them go away. It wasn't all that serious of a suggestion believe it or not.

Clearly it's going to take more than that number to buy it, but why would they buy it? There's more money to be made as the Hardys.

Have they ever bought a gimmick before? 

Archived