Hardy Boyz offered WWE deals

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I can't picture Broken Matt in WWE.

WWE were doing the WWE thing, TNA were trying to do the WWE thing, and then along came Broken Matt with something that got people's attention by being a genuine alternative product.

WWE aren't going to have Matt in his own little sub-brand within their product.

Tease them coming back as a pair, split them between brands before they get chance, build them up, then have them reunite and go out on a high.

Agreed that the money is in Jeff - lots he can do at the top of the card. Can they have Matt act all broken but just call him Version 2? Or is the gimmick tied up with the name rights?

Not sure how the cease and desist letter was worded, they didn't do any delete chants at the ROH show and toned down the overall act.

Wouldn't WWE offering them say 500 dollars do the trick.

ROH was on the day of it, they did the smart thing because right now nobody knows much about it.

Why would the WWE buy it? Also if you were the Hardys that would be the last company you wanted getting hold of it.

What are you waffling on about. I mean if WWE wanted Matt as 'Broken' Matt, just offer TNA 500 dollars for it to make them go away. It wasn't all that serious of a suggestion believe it or not.

Clearly it's going to take more than that number to buy it, but why would they buy it? There's more money to be made as the Hardys.

Have they ever bought a gimmick before?

They rented the Gangrel name for some reason. That was property of White Wolf Inc., who make role playing games and publish Vampire & Fantasy books.

They had to pay off some guy who claimed he owned the trademark to Captain Charisma, Hogan pays Marvel to use Hulk as part of his name, But I've never heard of them buying a gimmick outright

• Paid Members

Give the "Broken universe" some kind of show on the Network? Have Jeff in his main event run on one of the brands and let Matt do his V1/some form of the broken schtick in NXT. Give him some MFers etc and let the guys in Florida cream their pants with duelling "Delete" "10" chants for a few weeks.

• Paid Members

Even if they just bring them back as the old Hardy Boyz, they could re-do the storyline to lead to "Broken" Matt. I'm sure there are ways around it.

There's no value in it otherwise. There's value in Jeff, as he's already proven, but I've no desire to see Midcardy doing the same old shtick again.

I'm confused with the whole idea that Matt is worthless without the Hardy Boys or the Broken gimmick. Obviously Jeff is where the money is at, but it isn't outside the realms of possibility that Matt can develop a new character after the iniatial nostalgia run.

His Version 1 stuff was decent as well which was another project he managed to get his teeth into. I have faith he could develop something new if given a chance and fill a role similar to what Jericho has been doing with Kevin Owens

• Paid Members

Hardy Boys reunion, at first, allows all parties a bit of time to see if they can sort out the "Broken" lawsuit. Thereafter they can draft them to separate brands, whether it's regular Matt or the other one won't hinder a big Jeff Hardy singles run.

Misread the topic title as "Nasty Boys offered WWE deals".

Bit disappointed now with the reality.

You know what last time I saw Saggs he actually looked in decent nick. 

Knobbs on the other hand . . . more like Hob-Knobbs . . . am I right?!

Archived