Hardy Boyz offered WWE deals

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned that new contract offers have officially been extended to Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy by WWE — and all signs point to an inevitable return.

We first reported that the two sides were in talks last month and The Sheet can now confirm that an actual deal is on the table for The Hardy Boyz to make a comeback in WWE.

As we previously reported, Broken Matt is currently battling with Impact Wrestling over the use of his name/gimmick.  The wrestling company believes they should be paid when it’s used, but Hardy doesn’t agree. The brothers are also the current ROH tag champs after signing a short-term deal.

Still no word on whether WWE creative is looking to use their “broken” characters, but the legal side of things probably doesn’t bode well for a chance of that happening immediately.

Stay tuned.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Any chance they could just get around it with a change in terminology? "Shattered" Matt Hardy might work. Given the weird/fantastic nature of it, could be a way to work in the Rhodes brothers too.

• Paid Members

I think you're underestimating just how much of the current audience is hardcore fans. Even if they try to avoid the Broken stuff, there'll be a million Delete chants. I don't think you can avoid it.

• Paid Members

I think you're underestimating just how much of the current audience is hardcore fans. Even if they try to avoid the Broken stuff, there'll be a million Delete chants. I don't think you can avoid it.

Yeah, this. Such a large portion of the crowd are well versed in what is happening outside of WWE nowadays. You only need to look at the monster pop AJ Styles received for his debut. I know we're talking about a 10+ year stalwart of TNA compared to a year-long gimmick at a point where interest in TNA was at its lowest, but a big part of the crowd will know the Broken gimmick.

• Paid Members

Broken Matt is one of the only things in the past two years (along with Goldberg) that I have bothered watching. I haven't seen last years WrestleMania, but I did see Final Deletion.

I am not representative of anything, but I can't begin to tell you how little a Hardy Boyz reunion as right-on, balding goth-bonkers bores me. 

Like others have said, I reckon there's enough hardcore fans at PPV and Raw for the Broken gimmick to get a massive reaction. Imagine the lights going down and Matt appearing on screen "WWE Raw, I knew you'd come". Keep him and Jeff on separate brands with them eventually ending up on the same brand and a tag team reunion as the payoff and then a short run with the tag titles. But they'll probably just come back as The Hardy Boyz for a nostalgia run and we'll all start wearing those arm warmer things, putting green streaks in our hair and screaming when they take their tops off.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned that new contract offers have officially been extended to Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy by WWE — and all signs point to an inevitable return.

Are Pro Wrestling Sheet a worthwhile source to believe?

And is Jeff Hardy off all the drugs now? Or is he going to be fired as quick as they hire him?

Are Pro Wrestling Sheet a worthwhile source to believe?

And is Jeff Hardy off all the drugs now? Or is he going to be fired as quick as they hire him?

They've a good track record. 

As for the Hardys surely they'll hold off until the issue with Anthem/iMPACT is resolved? As right now they don't know what and if they can use any of it (unless they make an agreement). 

Anthem are mental, I don't understand what is in all of this for them, So the Hardy's (Mainly Matt) came up with 90% of the material, they even funded a lot of it themselves if I'm right in what I read and TNA are playing hard ball. Why, what do they want with the Broken Universe the daft cunts?? Can't see 'Broken" Mahabali Shera working, fucking fooling around in India with a Tiger or something. Without the Hardy's it is a dead gimmick isn't it? Not to mention at a time when they are desperate for some good will and to win fans trust back they are doing the exact opposite.

As for them in WWE, for me personally I'd like to see Broken Matt in all it's glory on one show (Maybe Raw) and revert back to 2008 WWE Champ style Jeff on the other show, I find Jeff a bit shit at the Broken stuff, he makes me cringe watching him try to do it, so let him do the coloured face paint and tassels stuff for the Kids and Women.

Archived