Greatest face turns

Booking a nice heel turn is probably one of the easier aspects of booking wrestling. Have stale babyface turn on another blue eyes. Boom - heel turn.

Booking a face turn though takes more prior planning and skill to get right, just see current Seth Rollins for proof of that, and I'm actually having a difficult time thinking of that many great ones.

The Austin/Bret double turn is an obvious one. Batista on Triple H was super rewarding but I'm struggling to think of many more really memorable ones other than that for the time being

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mr Perfect before Survivor Series 92 sticks in my mind from my youth. It's Heenan that really makes it great though. I guess you could say it wasn't that successful and it's mad rushed, but it turned me into a Mr Perfect fan as a kid

• Paid Members

Virgil turning on the Million Dollar Man is my favorite. If you want to think about angles that stick with you from childhood, that's right up there with the Barber Shop window and Macho getting bitten by the snake for me.

• Paid Members

Randy Savage reuniting with Elizabeth and turning face in the process will always be the number one to me.

The logic behind it is strange though. He's now a good guy because his old Girlfriend came back to him when he was at the bottom of the barrel.

Still, it's the best ever.

• Paid Members

Randy Savage reuniting with Elizabeth and turning face in the process will always be the number one to me.

The logic behind it is strange though. He's now a good guy because his old Girlfriend came back to him when he was at the bottom of the barrel.

I had never thought about the Savage turn like that before. Essentially Liz forgiving him was the turn

I had never thought about the Savage turn like that before. Essentially Liz forgiving him was the turn

• Paid Members

How about Razor Ramon's great face turn. Losing to the 123 Kid and then becoming the punchline to the jokes from the Heel's.

To be honest I wasn't too keen on that one. Other than Ted DiBiase taking the piss out of him, I never figured out what Razor had done to start endearing himself to fans. (I know he was getting some cheers beforehand, but the turn itself  was a bit nonsensical).

In fairness though, most babyface turns don't make sense as the heel in most cases, was a right bastard to everyone just weeks previously

In other 1993 turns, Lex Luger's was terrible. There was no subtle turn or anything. One day he was the Narcissist, the next he was walking out of a helicoper with a USA polo shirt and cowboy boots.

Archived