205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

They've literally just signed a roster full of Cruiserweights a few months back. Why would they need to bring another person in.

Because none of them look like stars at this stage outside of Neville, who was already there. There's some great performers there, more than capable of doing it in-ring on that stage, but I suspect it would need to be someone more significant to get on the mania card.

Is there anyone they could bring in to challenge Neville, just as a one-shot deal? What's Mysterio up to these days? Or Liger? Ibushi on a short term deal maybe? Someone they could garner some interest in Neville actually facing once he takes the belt, which surely is inevitable.

Austin Aries will be back in the ring by then, given he made it to main event level in ROH & TNA and whatever other Indy, he'll be looked at as a star by a lot of the smarks, most of the Cruiserweight haven't done that so they aren't seen as stars.

I like Aries, but then you have a heel vs heel dynamic if he's facing Neville, which I can't see working out. 

Edited by mim731

I like the sound of Neville v Ibushi at Mania. Everybody who watched the CWC knows that the best guy in it didn't sign. Otherwise stick about 4 of them in a multiman, rip off TNA and do a 'cables' match maybe, might as well.

• Paid Members

I don't think we'll see that unfortunately, Ibushi didn't want to sign with WWE due to the schedule and there's no way they're going to give him a limited schedule contract unless he genuinely brings in $ (which he won't). I think he might have signed with NJPW now. I think we'll get a multi-man to fill the pre-show. I can't see how they can build anyone up enough to challenge Neville (assuming he wins the title before then) that can be big enough to warrant a place on the Mania card. Rich Swann definitely isn't big enough- title or no title. In fact, I'd say Neville in his own right would be lucky to earn a singles match on the show even against a big name at this stage.

I enjoyed this week, some good storyline advancement, and the main event was solid, Daivari has stepped up to the plate in this program with Gallagher, he is decent on the mic and offers a different style to the others. I honestly think Gallagher is a player, he commands the audience with that "it" factor that is hard to put your finger on, I've always thought the guys that simply had to glance into the audience during a match and the people would buzz and edge forward in their seat a little had that, and he can.

I really can't be doing with Nese though, does nothing for me at all, so bland and trying way too hard, just reeks of that high school jock muttonhead that could do with some grey matter to go along with his 6 pack. Slimy looking twat.

• Paid Members

I'm enjoying it. Gallagher/Daivari was a really fun match and the Alicia Fox love triangle is always a laugh. 

It's still early days for the show really. We've still got Tozawa and Aries to come, and you'd imagine once they've bought in a few more people the likes of Nese/Gulak will stop being featured so prominently. I still think taping it after Smackdown is mental, but I wouldn't sound the death knell for the show yet.

I like the sound of Neville v Ibushi at Mania. Everybody who watched the CWC knows that the best guy in it didn't sign. 

I'd disagree to be fair. Ibushi was great but I think the hype killed him a little for me. Tozawa was the guy who blew me away.

Anyway, I'd say stick them on the preshow in a multi-man at Mania. I can't see a singles match for the title on the main show at all - they even look out of place on the Rumble card.

• Paid Members

My biggest problem with 205 Live at the moment is that apart from Gallagher, nobody you might want to cheer for has the slightest bit of momentum.

Cedric Alexander does have a storyline going on at least, but losing to Drew Gulak even after Noam Dar interfered just kills him.

I wanted to like Mustafa Ali as well, but again he hasn't been able to buy a win since the debut in Chicago.

Maybe Tozawa will be the next guy they really try and push. Hopefully.

• Paid Members

Given they have a relationship with Evolve (which is essentially DGUSA), I'm hoping that they can bring Tozawa in as a killer and hype his past with Neville in Dragon Gate, even if it's not entirely accurate, even with just some footage to show it as a long term rivalry. Actually build some interest in a feud between the two culminating with a match at Mania?

I suspect I'm putting more thought in than the company does, and I'm reaching a bit, but when Neville wins the belt a feud between those two could be a good launching point to garner a bit more interest in the division. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anybody still watching this? Baffled by Tozawa's debut, the bloke has a completely different demeanour from when he was in the CWC. He came down all smiles and excitement and was trying to get some shitty 'YAH YAH' chant over. I'm sure he'll still be great, but it was a million miles from the pissed off killer he looked in the CWC.

In worse news, Tony Nese is still being featured quite regularly. It's a massive problem when even the commentary team have to address his lack of charisma and personality. 

I liked Tozawa's debut, and tbf the crowd got onside with the YAHH stuff when it would've been miserably quiet otherwise

I enjoy the show too, not "the most exciting hour on television", not thrill a minute but decent stuff with loads of guys I really like. If it was in front of a crowd that wasn't playing Angry Birds waiting for the Cena dark match it'd be class

Tony Nese though, he makes Apollo Crews look like The Rock

He either needs Lance Storm's "if I can be serious for a moment" gimmick or to pack his bags

Edited by sj5522

That's got to be the best episode yet, the 5-way was well paced, kicked arse, everyone looked good and their stuff actually got reactions. Exactly what we've needed more of from this.