205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I'm quite liking the way Neville, Tozawa and Daivari has become a genuine 3-way feud. 

Early 90s fans might like Tony Nese morphing into the Narcissist: Cruiserweight Edition 

• Paid Members

Metalik and Sin Cara seem to have had much the same issues - in Lucha Libre you work on the opposite side of the body to in American wrestling, so it can be jarring going from one to the other and tends to lend itself to a cock-up or two. Throw in a language barrier (I don't know if Metalik speaks English or not, admittedly), and a style that's already relying on very choreographed (for lack of a better word) spots, and you're going to see the odd screw up.

That, in itself, isn't a huge issue. The problem comes when, either due to the more constrained/scripted nature of WWE TV or due to the language barrier, you're not able to recover and turn the spot you screwed up into something else. If you watch the original Sin Cara in Mexico, it's not that he fucks up less than he did in WWE, but he does recover better. But when you can't call the spot you're going for to your opponent, or the match is too tightly scripted to allow you to go for anything else, you don't have much of a choice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I don't know if it was makeup or if they just didn't let him sleep for 24 hours, but Neville looked every inch the broken man on this week's show. Another great performance from him, continuing the great year he's been having up to now. Brian Kendrick's fear of Jack Attacks was also very well done this week, and Cedric was the most enjoyable he's been for ages in his match.

• Paid Members

I popped for the idea of another Gentlemen's Duel. The last one was a lot of fun. 

The opening tag match was fun.. good to see Gran Metalik on the show again recently. I always enjoy the Lumbar Check as a finish as well. 

• Paid Members

This week, we got probably the best of the Neville vs Tozawa series with a cool twist at the end.

They bait and switched on the Gentleman's Duel, though. Boo you, Brian Kendrick.

The only thing that "feels" big in the whole WWE spectrum is the Universal title picture. Those 4 chaps have turned the perception of that belt around so much. If you think back to the joke it was with Owens it's totally flipped now. 

Anyway on 205, i have got into a pattern of fast forwarding to about 20 mins left to see the last thing on the show now, i cant spend any minutes of my life watching a re run of nese/cedric/swann/metalik/daivari. Great main event though this week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Who'd have thought Drew Gulak would end up one of the most entertaining people on his show? His segment this week was great fun from start to finish - love the PowerPoint gimmick.

Decent show all round this week, Swann and TJP had a good match and the final segment with Kendrick and Gallagher was surprising too.