Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

A couple of mates, that are metal fanatics, know of Jericho the wrestler, because wrestling was huge in 1999/2000, but got into Fozzy because they rate the guitarist. Granted, they're not die hard Fozzy fans (I pointed out they had a new song out, a couple of weeks ago), but they've bought a couple of albums and watched them live.

Edited by ColinBollocks

24 minutes ago, simonworden said:

I know a family who became Dizzy fans who arent really into wrestling but then they are big metal fans amd got into it through me and my mates. 

To be fair those games never had much of a wrestling connection.

25 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Best me to it!

Hiding egg puns behind typos to avoid suspension may be just cunning enough to work. ;)

23 hours ago, Supremo said:

The Kevin Owens documentary, filled with CZW and ROH footage, with guys like Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs extensively detailing his ROH career, and endless references to PWG, is so surreal to watch. It's a real testament to how much WWE has changed. The idea that they'd release this type of DVD would've blown my mind ten years ago.

That and Hogan being on that documentary, not for a just a cameo either. 

So I've just found out that there's a vaporwave artist named themselves after Mike Tenay. Or it actually could be Mike Tenay. I don't know. 

With songs like Jacuzzi Love and Strip Poker, it's hard for me to imagine Mike Tenay as nothing more than a top shagger. 

Why did it all go so wrong for Ken Shamrock in the WWF? In '97 up to mid '98, he was one of the hottest babyfaces in the company. Very decent in the ring too, for me. Believable, innovative.

Should never have turned heel and gone corporate. That fucked it.

• Paid Members

I thought he was fucking boring at the time. I thought he was just getting in the way when he was in the IC title mix with Rock and Triple H. Although I did enjoy that triple threat match I seem to remember them having. 

The only impression he really made on me is when he debuted and I was left wondering why all these guys were suddenly "tapping out" to signify their submission instead of doing it verbally like they always had with any other opponent.