Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

Sill think it's crazy that Goldberg and Lesnar are main eventing Wrestlemania for the title in 2017, particularly as it seems like the former can do very little but there you go. I'll be in Orlando so I hope it's not a complete disaster. I don't think anyone fancies the Mania main event being two minutes either, so I hope they can do something out there.

Fast Lane was an odd beast of a show, which is probably systematic of WWE in general. They literally do everything they used to take the piss out of WCW for all those years. The wrestling was solid as always, they've got a supremely talented roster but Braun losing clean to Reigns and Charlotte's streak ending like that after all that buildup is just odd.

• Paid Members

Charlotte's streak ending like that after all that buildup is just odd.

Yeah I really don't get the logic behind this. They've been banging on about Charlotte's PPV winning streak for so long, it seems very odd to have it end at Fastlane with Wrestlemania around the corner. I still think they gave it to Bayley far too soon- she's not at the level (in terms of overness) they need her to be yet, she needs to be built up more on the main roster. Her winning the title, following a decent build-up, at WrestleMania and ending Charlotte's streak at the same time made far more sense.

That was alright, little disappointed with some key things though

-agree this probably should've just been Enzo & Cass' moment, but the match was fun and the finish was fine

-Show beating Rusev was needless

-I like Roman but gutted Braun lost. Keep that unbeaten train rolling is just basic logic to me. If Goldberg stays on maybe those 2 meet down the line and Strowman takes the torch. AH well. Enjoyed the match though

-finish to the women's title match was just guff. Whatever they had with the forced PPV 'streak' is gone into thin air. They're really fucking up this division tbh. A year and a half ago I was going nuts for Sasha and Bayley, their match in NXT Brooklyn was among my all time favs. Now I don't care all that much. Sad

-why was Foley telling Joe not to interfere in the main event? The only time Joe 'helped' Owens was that Zayn match and it was because Joe and Zayn were feuding. It's like they decided to skip a chapter in the story

Joe and Zayn was very good but stayed in a certain gear. I was expecting a little bit more

Cruiserweights had MOTN for first time on PPV. Gallagher bumped like a fuckin trooper

Main event was logical and entertaining enough. No issue but surely the Brock match HAS to deliver something that isn't pure smoke and mirrors but the question obviously is what does Bill have? Man's not taken a single bump since he's been back

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Charlotte's streak ending like that after all that buildup is just odd.

Yeah I really don't get the logic behind this. They've been banging on about Charlotte's PPV winning streak for so long, it seems very odd to have it end at Fastlane with Wrestlemania around the corner. I still think they gave it to Bayley far too soon- she's not at the level (in terms of overness) they need her to be yet, she needs to be built up more on the main roster. Her winning the title, following a decent build-up, at WrestleMania and ending Charlotte's streak at the same time made far more sense.

We'll have to see how it plays out, but the logic behind the past few weeks has been a little baffling. It reeks of Vince being in a mood, for some reason, and doing stuff because "it's different" and "no one expected it", rather than it maybe being the best strategy. Again, we'll see.

I hope the end result isn't Sasha and Charlotte switching roles. For Charlotte, in particular, it's far too early to be switching her to babyface. She's miles away the best heel in the division too.

• Paid Members

Roman keeps being built up as the big dog and this is his yard?

Taker has to call him out on that!

That's undoubtedly what they're building to, especially after Roman eliminated Taker from the Rumble. I'd love if it was American Badass Taker on his motorbike as well. I know at times the gimmick was the absolute drizzling shits, but the fans crapping all over that could help Reigns. Let him ride that custom hog down the ramp at Mania to that dismal "You're gonna pay" music or trot Limp Bizkit out for another payday. They won't have to wait for it to go dark then.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Roman keeps being built up as the big dog and this is his yard?

Taker has to call him out on that!

That's undoubtedly what they're building to, especially after Roman eliminated Taker from the Rumble. I'd love if it was American Badass Taker on his motorbike as well. I know at times the gimmick was the absolute drizzling shits, but the fans crapping all over that could help Reigns in the long run. Let him ride that custom hog down the ramp at Mania to that dismal "You're gonna pay" music or trot Limp Bizkit out for another payday. They won't have to wait for it to go dark then.

Get him to do promos in Latin and slice his wrists open again while you're at it.

• Paid Members

I don't mind the current Raw women's storyline, building 3- or 4-way beef ahead of the inevitable multiway bout for the belt.

Bayley is currently winning and has the belt, but there's that doubt over whether she could ever actually do it herself or whether she has benefitted from the unwanted involvement of Sasha.  I guess she'll soon tell Sasha to "back off" because she feels she needs to prove she can do it herself, which will cause friction with Sasha who will say she's only trying to help, even the odds and even her score with Charlotte, so says Bayley is ungrateful.  Then, through this you've got Charlotte is who left with a grievance and an unresolved issue as to how she lost her title/lost her PPV streak and, but it isn't entirely genuine since the audience know that she herself had tainted victories during her own run.

You're Gonna Pay was a great theme. I wouldn't listen to it in my free time like but it suited that era of Taker wonderfully whereas Limp Bizkit (who I can actually put on from time to time, if it's Break Stuff or every grapple fans sentimental fav My Way) was more just like LOL 2001 to me

Not as bad as Austins Disturbed theme or any of the other reworked abominations tho. Those just make me sad

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

I was really distracted by Roman's new Nike Air Max. Just looked odd.

Agreed. It wasn't the best of matches anyway but I couldn't take my eyes off they trainers. His whole get up is frustrating, don't know why he's wearing that silly vest with that terrible logo thing on the front that means nothing.

• Paid Members

Agreed. It wasn't the best of matches anyway but I couldn't take my eyes off they trainers. His whole get up is frustrating, don't know why he's wearing that silly vest with that terrible logo thing on the front that means nothing.

It almost feels like somebody either doesn't have the confidence or creativity to give Roman a proper persona following the Shield split whereas Rollins & Ambrose have carved themselves a nice little niche.

I was the same, could not believe that he came out wearing them he looked a right plonker.

-Charlotte's PPV streak ending like that was just odd, why didn't the ref call for the DQ? Also doesn't make any sense if Sasha & Bayley are both supposed to be faces.

- Rusev deserves much better than to be fannying about with Jinder Mahal and Big Show

- Main event went exactly as predicted, and I don't think any of us really thought it would go any other way. Some of the comments I've read elsewhere just make you dispair. What were they really expecting to happen?

- New Day can fuck off

- Austin Aries talking about 'his package', two gorilla thumbs up

Edited by WyattSheepMask

good thing with Reigns gear is if/when/never mostly likely goes heel, new gear and music and attitude could do him refreshing wonders.

He has to be facing Taker at Mania, I would'nt have Reigns win, even though its huge moment and rub if they ever want the fans to accept him then beating Taker at Mania is a mistake cos they'd have to keep mentioning it for years (rightfully so) and fans would always resent him for it.

if they do decide go heel with Reigns then a lose to Taker followed by him snapping and beating down the dead man with chair or something, then leaves his vest lying on Taker or something, new gear/musicnext night on Raw and a leather jacket Sunglasses (ukff favourite) combo for the win, NO SUITS!!