UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Conor v Alverez - Gotta land that left hand clean in the first two rounds to get rid off Edward. 

Woodley v Thompson -  Not too happy about this but my gut says Woodley gets it done somehow. Early KO again. Woodley with the belt is just feeling right at this moment. 

JJ V KK - Karoline seems to be 6/7 out of 10 at everything whilst JJ busy striking (real lack off power though) should see her get three 49-46 cards.

Like Muhammed so hoping for a win there. Somethings not right with Weidman so Romero to take two rounds and win. 

Johnson or Pennington to score the upset!

Enough in that to call me Mystic PISS (maybe clutching). 

Conor was flawless. I've spent the majority off his epic journey being a huge fan but doubting him every turn. Will i learn?

• Paid Members

Murdered him. He's such a fucking promoter too. Just made history and he's going mad because the dumb fucks don't have two belts ready for the money shots. Conor knows.

Only got up for the first title fight. Three really good scraps. Karolina was tough as shit. Took hundreds of shots.

Woodley seriously gutted that the fight was corrected to a draw but everyone else delighted that this must happen again.

• Paid Members

That was amazing.

I really need to go to bed now but I'm still buzzing. I really thought Alvarez was a potentially nightmare matchup for McGregor but McGregor once again makes me feel foolish for doubting him.

Chuffed to see Romero win and that finish was fucking insane. I already can't wait for Woodley vs Thompson 2. Joanna is still awesome. Edgar vs Stephens was incredible.

Oh Miesha Tate has retired by the way. It's probably the right call. Pennington's a tough little fighter but Tate really shouldn't have been losing to her. And it was an uncharacteristically dull fight for Miesha as well. If you remember she was hinting at packing it in before she got the title shot against Holm so I guess this has been on her mind a while.

Aye, same with me. I should be fast asleep, but I'm still ticking.

- I had Wonderboy vs Woodley a draw. It looked all over at the end of the first round. Woodley was laying those shots in, and Wonderboy was on dream street. I gave Wonderboy 2, 3, and 5. Woodley obviously won 1 and 4, with the 4th being a clear 10-8. If it was Pride rules, Woodley would have got the nod. A rematch is a must. Suddenly there's life at Welterweight after Robbie "5 star classic" Lawler.

I assume the fuck up with the judges was somehow related to the inexperience New York has with MMA. I think Buffer saw the scores attached to the wrong verdict and sought clarification. The odd thing is that boxing is scored exactly the same - with the majority draw being possible if two judges score it a draw. So, fuck knows what was going on.

- I really like Bisping, but Romero would almost certainly massacre him. Romero didn't look that good until the end of the 2nd, and I suspected that Weidman was cruising to victory. The knee was really nasty. Weidman's aura takes another knock, but it's more to do with the current standard at 185lbs, rather than him being exposed. Jacare, Rockhold, Weidman, and Romero could all easily beat one another on their day. It's a lottery between them.

I'm not going to have chance to catch this for days, what was Conor's left field announcement?

He had slagged off many people in his time and just wanted to apologize.

To absolutely nobody.

Genuinely, that was it.

Archived