Zandig is back

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Thats GCW? not CZW.

Never heard of it.

Zandig probably did it for laughs.

Quck google and i came up with this

ZANDIG presents “The Tournament of Survival”!

He has risen. After several years away from the sport he helped to revolutionize, the Ultraviolent Icon is BACK! The fans demanded it, and he has delivered. Zandig and Game Changer Wrestling are partnering to bring you the first ever “Zandig’s Tournament of Survival!” on Sunday, June 5th at 3pm at Game Changer World in Howell, NJ!

The Tournament of Survival is the rebirth of the Ultraviolent tournament that Zandig made famous. On June 5th, Zandig’s hand-picked warriors will enter a hardcore coliseum where only one man can claim supremacy and say they truly survived. This isn’t a game. It’s not a joke. Zandig is serious when he says he’s ready to take back his throne as the God of Ultraviolence and restore the legacy he left behind. On June 5th, the Spirit of Ultraviolence rises from the ashes and returns to the forefront where it belongs!

Tickets are available now at www.gamechangerwrestling.com or by calling 201-257-8621. VIP and Front Row is SOLD OUT but 2nd row, 3rd row and General Admission are still available now through our website. Get your tickets NOW because they are going FAST and once we reach capacity, you’re out of luck! This is a BYOB event, and will be held indoors. Parking is spacious and available behind the building. Game Changer World is located at 798 Route 9 South, Howell, NJ 07731.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Where did the $500 number come from? A promoter on the ZandigFans board said his asking price is 4 grand!

And Zandig is obviously full of his own shit and a mark for himself (he's a wrestler after all) but he just comes across as genuinely loving deathmatches. He runs his own successful plumbing business and has never wrestled a full time schedule in his life. He just does this stuff because he bloody loves it. He's not Necro Butcher, all drugged out living in a trailer taking bumps on concrete for $50 every weekend. Zandig is over the top, hilarious, tough and crazy. God bless that man.

• Paid Members

Necro is either retiring or has retired (until his value goes up on the indies and he returns of course). There he is. Cant imagine what his body is going through daily. He used to take ungodly bumps. Even the unspectucular ones looked like he should be in a wheelchair. I did love mid-2000s Necro, though. He could have really good brawls, without the lighttubes and all that shit. His match/fight with Samoa Joe is great, and his contribution to the CZW/ROH feud was awesome.

CjoAiOzWYAArtaj.jpg

I suppose, living in a trailer and being a proper down and out added to this homeless nutjob persona Necro had. At least he wasnt pretending to be a massive loser.

• Paid Members

he was always the deathmatch guy it was ok to like, great gimmick though and completely out of his mind. I used to have an IWA Mid South tape which was one of those shitty 1 hard cam deals (before SMV got involved) where Bull Pain shot Necro off the ropes and then waffled Necro over the his unprotected head with a baseball bat, it wasn't a full blown swing, Bull more swung it and let go and it just clonked off Necro's skull, it was harsh.

...there was probably 50 people in attendance, just sheer lunacy.

http://vk.com/video?gid=43285752&z=video-43285752_456239199%2Fpl_-43285752

There's another angle of the Zandig bump ^

The one Necro moment I'll never forget was some million billion lighttubes match against Madman Pondo and he nearly severed his arm off.

Remember when Nick Gage tried to suplex Zandig into fire but just burnt the living hell out of himself instead?

It's weird, deathmatch wrestling is so ridiculous and dangerous but I've always got time for it, CZW and such. Sick Nick Mondo was awesome, coming out to the only Papa Roach song I've ever been aware of. I suppose it's like gory horror films, just the ridiculousness and how over-the-top they are, it makes you want to look away but keep watching at the same time. Same goes for the infamous GG Allin as well though, he was like the musical (which is debatable) version of this, I suppose I could stereotype and (maybe derogatorily) lump it all together in a sense as 'white trash American entertainment'.

I'm surprised the show went ahead, what with it being in New Jersey. "Extreme wrestling" is still banned there to the best of my knowledge, after governor Christine Whitman banned it in 2000 largely due to the antics of Zandig and CZW.

• Paid Members

I've not watched any garbage wrestling in years, do CZW still run shows? I used to love watching the early Cage Of Death matches some of the spots were insane. Didn't Zandig death valley driver someone from the top of a cage through a table or something?

Think you're on about the Zandig and Lobo Cage of Death match from Cage of Death 4, my last ever tape from Strong Style Tapes as it goes. Here's the spot . . . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMfY_1tSTPs

I may as well post this here instead of the 'UKFF then & now' thread in off topic. There were a couple of UKFFers who went to the ECW Arena just to see COD 4 and are visible in the front row throughout the show. Fourteen years ago I know but do they still visit or post here?

• Paid Members

that question's been asked on here a few times, i seem to remember something to do with him simply finding a girlfriend and knocking it all on the head. A few people will have more details on it though, he was like the official SMV UK distributor at one point, i dread to think how many VHS's he was knocking out a week.

I had one of the guys who attended cod 4 on MSN. I think he went by the name kid kash. I actually met him at ECUK in Manchester when Trent Acid, Kashmere and Ian Knoxx were there.

During his cod 4 trip he was invited to a bbq attended by nate hatred, the backseats, nick berk and b-boy. He had a video of b-boy chopping him, it did not look fun!

Archived