Zandig is back

IANdrewDiceClay

Watched TOD last night, I enjoyed it, and it was suitably mental. The DJ Hyde literal burial thing was a bit half arsed and cheesy but it was cool seeing Zandig back. The big cuts/wounds the wrestlers had from the light tubes and such that the cameras decided to do close ups of every so often were grim and made me wonder, well, this is something I've always wondered, how much do these guys actually get paid to do these types of matches? Like, are the $50/$100 payout thing that you always hear of when people ridicule this type of wrestling true or are they making more money, and do they get more money for the more crazy stuff they do? Like I remember hearing Ambrose talk about how he would use it as a bargaining chip, he'd do light tubes for so much and so on. Should be interesting to see Nick Mondo's documentary as I imagine he may talk about that type of stuff in more detail and why they do it etc. Speaking of which this clip is pretty cool:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

something I've always wondered, how much do these guys actually get paid to do these types of matches?

Nick Mondo was paid $250 for TOD2. That was the one where he went off the roof of the building with Zandig. The on site medic said the wound in his side was comparable to a gunshot. But that was back in 2002, no idea what they get now. Probably the same.

• Paid Members

There is a DJ shoot.

Its really really long but its quite funny. He randomly goes on one quite often about how double tough he is

That is Dj Hyde and he is a wrestler?  :laugh:

Hes the owner of CZW! and hes the hardest mother fucker on the planet....well if you listen to him

• Paid Members

TOD is held on DJ Hyde's parents farm land so it doesn't cost him anything. And as for getting caterers in, I read one of the wrestlers does BBQ chicken. Hardly catering.

Here's a story for you: a few years back in the tournament final Nick Gage sliced open his side about 20 seconds in and it hit an artery. The medic in the back (well, behind the curtain and ring truck) after Gage told them to tape it up so he could go back out where like "No, you're bleeding to death!". An ambulance was called but when it arrived the medics refused to go in because they had no fucking idea what was going and were scared shitless. Can't blame them, they turn up to 500 drunk fans, a ring, glass and barbed wire everywhere and loads of dodgy looking blokes covered head to toe in blood and cuts. They fought it was some kind of illegal fight club. So they had to wait for police to turn up before going in. The whole time Gage is slowly bleeding to death and this thing is in the middle of nowhere. Eventually they had to airlift him out.

Archived