UFC Re-Sign With BT | 2 Years & Half | Increase In UFC Programmin

seanz25

• Paid Members

We seem to have this discussion every few months, and the coverage has never changed from BT, so I'm not going to worry until something concrete is announced to the contrary.

:thumbsup:

Difference now is the deal expires next month. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seem to have this discussion every few months, and the coverage has never changed from BT, so I'm not going to worry until something concrete is announced to the contrary.

:thumbsup:

Difference now is the deal expires next month. 

That and we had an article from The Scum over a month ago from VP of European communications claiming they reckoned they'd have a deal wrapped up within 3-4 weeks max of writing. 

BT airing most shows live and ITV 4 Airing the EMEA cards say every 2 months would be the ideal scenario. Do a magazine style show and air highlights or even stills on ITV 4 of the PPV cards.

If you want any card on PPV over here just air it on Fight Pass, fuck premier sports, I would imagine NHL & NASCAR ratings are down on there.

Buying PPV shows would end up pricey asf for us especially as over here we already tend to pay a lot for monthly sports subs. Probably looking at £10-15 an event. 12 a year that's not cheap. 

In related news fight pass is going for a makeover according to twitter.

In related news fight pass is going for a makeover according to twitter.

I got an email about it earlier:

Today, from approximately 8am ET to 11:30am ET, the UFC.TV digital experience supporting PAY-PER-VIEW and UFC FIGHT PASS will temporarily be taken down to undergo a major update to the redesign to the entire digital experience on desktop computers and mobile devices; including, the UFC application for Android phones and tablets. The new design will be available for iPhone and iPad devices shortly thereafter. Once the update has been completed, you will see a brand new experience. Elements of the new design will be rolled-out on connected devices over the coming weeks.

The new design emphasizes personalization by allowing you to set preferences on the types of videos you like to watch such as Events, Shows, Documentaries, Originals, Behind The Scenes, and Interviews as well as your favorite types of Fights ending in Knockouts or Submissions or Title Fights. Other new features include:

Continue Watching, watch a video on one device and pick-up where you left-off on another

Display of a Progress Bar on videos that have already been initiated

Create Your Own Fight Collection, an option to let the platform assemble from a database of videos fitting the type of fight and time-limit you have to watch in a collection

Search, enjoyed a dramatic upgrade making it easier to find specific content you are looking for allowing you to filter down to specific MMA organizations, Weight-Class, Fighters, Year, Type of fight and Duration

New Event Pages, allowing you to see the full UFC Fight Cards and jump back and watch specific bouts during live events or in the replay-mode

The addition of Fighter Profiles, which include stats along with their past fights available in the Fight Library

If you already have the UFC app installed on your iPhone or Android device, simply open up the UFC app and it will automatically initiate an update to the new design. Or, download the UFC app in the App Store or Google Play.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really anything new but we're now about a week out from the end of there current deal. The fact neither BT or the UFC have announced anything doesn't bode well IMO for there future on that channel... Here's hoping I'm wrong.

They did this one year with ESPN and when the time came it just said ESPN had secured the rights to another year, right before a UFC card and that's when everyone knew BT Sport had gotten Premier League rights from ESPN the following season.

• Paid Members

I only subscribe to BT for UFC so I'll swiftly be fucking them off if they lose the rights. And I'm already paying for Sky Sports anyway so I'll actually be saving money by just cancelling BT. Unless Sky decided to whack all the big shows on PPV that is. Then I'll have to break the law. No way I'm paying £15 a pop for PPVs on top of the Sky subs. Balls to that.

Archived