UFC Re-Sign With BT | 2 Years & Half | Increase In UFC Programmin

seanz25

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's gonna be interesting, if it's sticking with BT I'd suspect confirmation at the latest Friday at noonish, there's no reason to confirm it later than then, there's only a small reason to delay the announcement which is to tie it in with this weekend, yet even that seems far fetched.

Otherwise it could be anytime they announce sky. It's also gonna be interesting how they handle shows of they have indeed got it.

• Paid Members

Where's the report on digital spy Seanz? There's nothing on either their website or twitter page.

I've seen the thing on Twitter from the guy you are referring too as well . It literally is some random guy saying a statement and when asked where did he hear the news his response is "a source".

Basically until we hear from someone official then I will believe it.

Have a look on there forums. One or two itks on there. Only thing that makes me doubt it is the FP show they're airing. They aren't included in the bt deal. Why would ya buy that if your losing the rights days after it?

• Paid Members

Cage warriors and tonight's show airing on BT would signal to me it's stating. There part of a new deal for sure. Or single contracts.

The other way of looking at it is why are they picking up Cage Warriors now? I know Cage Warriors aren't exactly a competitor to the UFC and certainly not a threat but they're still a different MMA organisation and the UFC usually like to be the exclusive MMA company on the channel they're on, don't they?

Regardless, nice to see CW getting aired live. There's live boxing on tomorrow night/Sun morning as well which clashes with UFC 200. Hopefully this'll be the start of BT airing more boxing as well. And I'd like to see them show GLORY again but I'm not holding my breath on that.

I do think UFC is staying on BT though. If the deal was ending now, I don't think they'd have even bothered picking up the Dos Anjos vs Alvarez show. Surely they had to pay extra for the rights to air that.

UFC have a partnership deal with Cage Warriors and from 75 onwards they've aired their events live on FightPass. So this indicates to me, that either UFC have let them air all these shows as a final last hurrah, or there's a new TV deal to be confirmed in the next few days and as part of the new deal we'll get mostly all the FightPass cards too. I'd actually like BT to show the older UFC's and maybe some the Pride Grand Prix tournaments but I guess that's a long shot considering there's a ton of first run programming from the UFC. Alone this month they have 6 cards,  fight pass show which has aired and 3 Fight nights and two PPVs.

Cage Warriors have the UFC British ring announcer Andy Freelander and all they've talked about is UFC, like this is the organisation you go to too get in the UFC.

They haven't had a commercial break, so this must be a direct stream of the Fight Pass version, they even had a Joanna segment where it showed you her making her Cage Warriors debut and then it said 49 days later she made her UFC debut, 8 months later she won the UFC Strawweight title, they will probably do future ones with McGregor & Bisping

• 2 weeks later...

Sports business says this will more than double their last deal, I guess that means more European events, fight pass events and using Cage Warriors to build up local talent.

It's a UK & Ireland deal but I read the Irish version of Virgin aren't picking up one of the channels they got for free and instead get the new Sky Sports channel that's "free" for Sky customers without a Sports subscription

Virgin play hardball and it must be 3 years coming up since they got BT Sport free with the top tier but I think they missed a Premiership game and l think a Jose Also PPV but then signed for 3 years, I haven't heard anything lately, so they must have came to a deal a while back, I had Virgin back then too when I was with the ex and thought Virgin would fuck me over.

Archived