UFC Re-Sign With BT | 2 Years & Half | Increase In UFC Programmin

seanz25

Deffo think it's leaving based on the lack of a mention for a new deal, if that was tied up with BT they'd surely confirm it by now. I wonder if GAD's new UFC show on Talksport 2 is a small indicator to? Perhaps this is the alternative option now he's not got BTO? 

We don't sub to Sky here and with me fucking off to uni looks like I may have to encounter pirates to watch shit.

EDIT: Via Digital Spy:

Just got an email from bt for the best of 2015-2016 and it says after its top 10 -

Coming up in 2016-2017

The curtain may have closed on 2015-16, but there’s a new season round the corner –*and we’ve got even more unmissable live sport, including:

More Premier League matches than before, including Saturday games at 5.30pm

•
The UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League –*BT Sport is the only place to see every game live

•
Up to 24 exclusively live games from the Emirates FA Cup, plus the final live from Wembley

•
All the live Aviva Premiership Rugby, plus European Rugby Champions Cup & Challenge Cup

•
Europe’s top football leagues, including the Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1

•
MotoGP™, NBA, UFC, and much more.

•
More games and sport than ever before in ultra-high definition

So a rookie mistake or this is tied up and Bt have it?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah I just posted in the RDA vs Alvarez thread, the fact they've picked up that show and are airing it live (they don't usually with Fight Pass events) looks like they're staying put. Fine by me. I think BT have been good on the whole with their UFC coverage.

• Paid Members

I certainly hope it's staying on BT. However I will be surprised if they agree to show every Fight Pass Card as part of the deal as it would it could impact on the success of FP in the UK. 

I think BT have done a great job with the UFC coverage, if they are picking up the Fight Pass cards too as part of the new deal thats a big plus. I'd imagine the UK exclusive shows will maybe stay on Fight Pass or a network channel gets to air them live. It would make more sense if the UFC airs a Fight Pass show on say Channel 5 since it helps expand the fanbase in the UK. So UFC staying with BT would be the right move in my opinion.

• Paid Members

Wouldn't trust BT's email too much. I've found them to be a bit shit with that stuff. When I cancelled last time the guy on the phone insisted to me that BT had coverage of the next Ashes series when I knew for a fact they didn't. The contract is up with Sky soon(ish), but not before the next series.

• Paid Members

Wouldn't trust BT's email too much. I've found them to be a bit shit with that stuff. When I cancelled last time the guy on the phone insisted to me that BT had coverage of the next Ashes series when I knew for a fact they didn't. The contract is up with Sky soon(ish), but not before the next series.

Whilst you maybe right Chunk, there's a big difference between the guy you're speaking to at the end of the phone at customer services and BT's marketing and promotional department. 

• Paid Members

Whilst you maybe right Chunk, there's a big difference between the guy you're speaking to at the end of the phone at customer services and BT's marketing and promotional department. 

Fair point. I'm actually in agreement that it looks more and more likely that they're sticking with BT.

They do have coverage of the next Ashes series, 5 year contract with Cricket Australia starts this winter so will cover the 2017-2018 Ashes series 

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34038149

• Paid Members

They do have coverage of the next Ashes series, 5 year contract with Cricket Australia starts this winter so will cover the 2017-2018 Ashes series 

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34038149

Sorry, my bad. I remembered wrong. You're right ... they have it for the next Ashes series in 2017/18 (nearly a year and a half away), whereas he was saying they have it for the next England test series (which would be covered by me signing a new 12 month contract). (The whole call was about me cancelling and him trying to convince me to sign a new 12 month contract).

A quick heads up, not official but looking likely they end up on sky according to Digital Spy and another guy on Twitter.

Supposedly from 201 onwards. These shows have been supposedly included anyway in the deal so bt isn't getting them extra to hilight the new deal. Would make sense considering they are yet to announce.

Archived